Furry Friends

Options

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    So many cat people! lol

That's because cats rule and dogs drool :laugh:

Actually I've always preferred cats because they're cleaner and more independent. I have OCD and when our dog would go to the bathroom on the floor even after I stood outside with him for half an hour it drove me NUTS. I had all sorts of chew toys for him and he still insisted on chewing up my children's clothing, my laptop charger, and anything else that wasn't his. Waffles on the other hand uses her box without fail and while I don't enjoy cleaning it, she's grateful so I don't mind. The only thing she's ever chewed on is my toes through my blanket and she's not so needy as that dog was. Man was I ever happy to see him go! He was adopted by a family that didn't have children and swore they were going to treat him like a baby so I bet he was happy too :smile:
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    So many cat people! lol

Meoww =^.^= ...lol
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    182925_10150095317248983_705093982_6321538_2076190_s.jpg
    Furious Trixie
    61698_429721543982_705093982_5061364_3017544_s.jpg
    Charlotte Sometimes
    217478_10150144583903983_705093982_6607888_5026612_s.jpg
    Daisy Mae (Daisy Doodle Caboodle my Noodles)
    38719_414115238982_705093982_4688807_7631445_s.jpg
    Detective John Munch, reformed foster kitten.

I'm an animal control officer so I have ample opportunity to foster and save lives. I wouldn't be me without my fosters.
    216594_10150155349673983_705093982_6695393_7132683_s.jpg[ Currently fostering Monkey (m), Tiki (f) and Pike (m). Will be up for adoption in a little over a month.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    That's because cats rule and dogs drool :laugh:

Actually I've always preferred cats because they're cleaner and more independent. I have OCD and when our dog would go to the bathroom on the floor even after I stood outside with him for half an hour it drove me NUTS. I had all sorts of chew toys for him and he still insisted on chewing up my children's clothing, my laptop charger, and anything else that wasn't his. Waffles on the other hand uses her box without fail and while I don't enjoy cleaning it, she's grateful so I don't mind. The only thing she's ever chewed on is my toes through my blanket and she's not so needy as that dog was. Man was I ever happy to see him go! He was adopted by a family that didn't have children and swore they were going to treat him like a baby so I bet he was happy too :smile:

I don't mind cats. We always had 3+ growing up. But I live in a apartment and there is no good spot for a cat box. Not to mention that I do hate cleaning them. I would want one of those expensive cat box genie things that cleans the whole box for you. Haha
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    It's my dream to have one of those self cleaning litterboxes but for the time being I just scoop it for her each day as a thank you for using it :smile: We're in an apartment also and I feel you on having a place for it. It took some rearranging of our furniture to squeeze her goodies in but she was worth it.
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options

I don't mind cats. We always had 3+ growing up. But I live in a apartment and there is no good spot for a cat box. Not to mention that I do hate cleaning them. I would want one of those expensive cat box genie things that cleans the whole box for you. Haha

I've had more than one of those in my lifetime and trust me, they're more trouble than they're worth. Right now, the best thing I've ever done, is take a large 5+ gallon tupperware box as the outer box. Every time I go to costco I load up on litter box sized boxes. I fill the cardboard box up with just enough litter to cover the bottom. I put dryer sheets on the bottom of the tupperware bin before I put the cardbord box in to help with the smell. Every two days or so i throw the cardboard box out and start anew. No fuss, no muss. MUCH preferable to sifting through s***.
    You don't need a large tupperware bin, but I do, to keep the dogs out!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    What about teaching a cat to use the toliet? You can do that, right? lol
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    What about teaching a cat to use the toliet? You can do that, right? lol

if YOU know how, please, do tell! I've seen kits you can buy (imagine a litter pan that fits around the toilet bowl) but have never been brave enough to try it. Maybe you have to get 'em young. May be a good time to try on this set of fosters. Weird bonus for their adoptive parents though...
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    We only have one bathroom and I'm currently trying to teach my toddler to use it. It would be soo awesome if Waffles could use the toilet but with the trouble I'm having teaching my son, I do believe my head would explode to try to teach her too.
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dont have any pics but we have a couple of pets. Ginger Meggs is our domestic cat. Melody is our dog, she is a Shetland Sheepdog and getting old, now 8.5 years old. Plus we have two birds, not furry friends though, cockatiels called Cranky & Peachey.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options
    So many cat people! lol

happydance-2.gif

If I wasn't in a third floor walk-up, I'd have a dog and cats......
  • kendylyndie
    kendylyndie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These are my babies... I hope the links work! This is my first time posting pictures.

c55171f7-1.jpg

40a3c00e-1.jpg

d8c3ce14-1.jpg
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Harley is so cute!
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    It's my dream to have one of those self cleaning litterboxes but for the time being I just scoop it for her each day as a thank you for using it :smile: We're in an apartment also and I feel you on having a place for it. It took some rearranging of our furniture to squeeze her goodies in but she was worth it.

I had 1 of the self cleaning litter boxes - I think it's great for 1 cat, I had 4 and it was just too much and eventually broke. On a cheaper side though if the self cleaning litter box is too much I use this 1 now: http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Large/dp/B0002DK2DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303519982&sr=8-1

Its kind of self cleaning. U roll it and all the dirty litter goes into 1 compartment while the clean goes into another. U pull out the compartment with dirty litter and throw it away and roll it back for the clean litter.
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    I have 2 dogs and 4 cats.......this picture is of my baby Tyson
    001-1.jpg He ripped a hole in my body pillow, climbed in and went to sleep

This is my baby Mikey:
    003-1.jpg

These are my babies together:
    007-1.jpg
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    My 2 cats are my profile pic.

Belle is the tortie himilayan. Onyx is the black DSH/Bombay.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    Awww love all the pics!
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is Vito (the happiest guy alive). He has a healthy respect for Atticus - the tortoise shell who actually runs our house :)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    check out my profile pics on my page to see my pooch :heart:
  • Crystal817
    Options
    35143_1550544884123_1250146468_31511946_6371992_n.jpg