Can anyone recommend a safe supplement for some xtra help?

Options
There are so many things to chose from on the internet and so many fake reviews, I would love to hear some real recommendations from my MFP friends..

I only have about 10-12 pounds to lose and I want to tone up. I am eating very healthy around 1200 calories, only drinking water and green tea and working out A LOT. I don't seem to be getting results (going strong for a little over two weeks) so I am considering using supplements. I am looking for something to speed metabolism or block fat. I am not concerned with appetite reduction and am pretty senstitive to caffeine. I am also concerned with doing this quicky. Three weeks in a bikini to be exact.

I have read about Phase 2 - carb blocker and Lipo-6. I don't think I want to go with Lipo-6 b/c of the caffeine and the reviews I read about it making you hot. Phase 2 sounds good but seems bogus.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I read about supplements and they all made me too nervous to try. I gave the green tea supplement MEGA-T a try but didn't use it long enough to see results (maybe took 3 pills total haha). I would just recommend more water and eat snacks throughout the day to keep your metabolism going :)

Otherwise cold showers apparently speed up metabolism. Also, I read into dieter's tea. You basically crap out everything you ate right before you drink the tea :\ but if used once in a while it seems to be a good cleaner.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I tried one a couple of years ago, though I can't remember if it was hydroxycut or quick trim. Anyway, I didn't notice that it did anything for speeding up weight loss. What I did notice (on the days I didn't take it) was that it seemed to give me a little extra edge for powering through a longer workout - which I guess did help me lose weight more quickly in a roudabout way. But if you're already working out pretty hard, that might not be helpful to you.

2 weeks isn't very long, especially if you're just trying to lose 10 lbs or so. The business about losing 2 lbs per week doesn't apply once you're that close to goal weight. You probably won't see more than a .5 lb per week difference no matter what you do (unless you're doing something unhealthy and losing muscle mass or just water weight). Just keep it up for a few more weeks and see if you find that things change.

Also, if you just started exercising intensely 2 weeks ago, keep in mind that your muscles may be temporarily storing water if they're being worked in a way they're not used to. I actually gained weight during that time period, because of this. Then I saw the scale start to drop steadily about a week later.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm about 12 pounds from my goal weight as well. I lost 40 pounds this past year and hit a plateau and i've been taking lipo 6 to help me. So far it's been working pretty well for me. I can't stand coffee so the caffeine really gives me a boost and it has also been scientifically proven that a dose of caffeine before a workout is beneficial. It just helped you go longer and yes it does make you feel a little hot but it is a thermogenic so it is supposed to. So far I am really happy with my progress with it :)