Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I love that she still eats junk food now and then. There is always room for a little splurge here and there, it's what keeps you from binging and giving up.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, but I don't get the #4 Don't tell anyone what you are doing." Wondering why that was one of the tips?
  • jsteras
    Options
    Sorry my clicker sticks and double posts
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, that caught my eye this morning...great story and she looks GREAT! I think she was on MFP before...I could have sworn I saw her profile...
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!! Gives me Motivation...I can do it too!!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I think the thing about not telling anyone is because there will be a lot who try to derail your efforts - I'veread so many posts on here of people complaining that co-workers and "friends" are constantly urging them to have something "once won't hurt" etc. Sometimes its out of jealousy, sometimes out of ignorance. I have only told my one sister, one sister-in-law and my children. My other sister hasn't said a word about me looking slimmer (52lbs down and not noticeable? and thats why i've not told her!)

Great story, and thanks for posting
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    What a great success story, thank you for posting it!
  • jsteras
    Options
    I think the thing about not telling anyone is because there will be a lot who try to derail your efforts - I'veread so many posts on here of people complaining that co-workers and "friends" are constantly urging them to have something "once won't hurt" etc. Sometimes its out of jealousy, sometimes out of ignorance. I have only told my one sister, one sister-in-law and my children. My other sister hasn't said a word about me looking slimmer (52lbs down and not noticeable? and thats why i've not told her!)

Great story, and thanks for posting

Yeah after I posted I thought about it and realize there are alot of people that will try to sabatoge a healthy living lifestyle. I told my one sister and she showed up at my door a 1/2 hour later with lunch cakes. I threw them in the trash. I do have another sister that is supportive.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, but I don't get the #4 Don't tell anyone what you are doing." Wondering why that was one of the tips?

Think it is to avoid setting yourself up for failure.

People tend to expect more from themselves than others do. If you tell people you are going to lose 100 lbs... you can set yourself up for those people who say "Yeah Right!"

Most people aren't as supportive as we are. I had people say that to me when I told them I was going to run my first marathon... I proved em wrong... but their words stung.
  • mad8588
    mad8588 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I can see why there was #4 every time I've quit a diet or exercise program it was after I told someone.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks for the post
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!