p90x and space constraints question

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
My living room is fairly crowded with a couch and two fairly large armchairs in it. How much space is needed exactly to do P90X?

Replies

• kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would go with about seven feet in width and a few feet deep. Iam almost six foot tall and have a pretty cramped space and am able to do P90X. You just have to be creative in the direction you stand for certain moves but as long as you have around seven feet in any direction then you should be okay! Hope this helps!
  • mnerfariousl
    mnerfariousl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my brother and i do the p90x in a space 11 by 9 feet (hope this helps)
  • spencj10
    spencj10 Posts: 10
    Options
    I travel 3 weeks out of the month and am doing P90X in a hotel room. A few moves are tricky.....but you can modify them for the space you have to work with.
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree you probly need about 7ft at the MOST...I pretty much do most of the moves in about a 4x4 space or so.. I have more room but where my TV is I like to be close to it so I can get the moves down right.. but for some of the walking moves, jumping jacks (becuz i tend to drift) and some of the lying down moves i go to my bigger space.
  • brandilea_willoughby
    Options
    I would say 6-7 square feet, you need to be able to lie down for push ups and sit ups, you can add a pivot step for exercises that move you across the floor. Good luck!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Not sure how you do plyo in 4 x 4 space or pushups. But whatever works for ya right. You can do most of the stuff in a small area but you need room for yoga to lie flat on the ground and be able to stretch your body etc. You also need more space for Plyo and Kenpo. Not a ton but you need to be able to lean and kick and jump around a bit etc. Plus you need somewhere (probably a doorway) to do pullups and enough space to do pushups. Ive done P90X in hotel rooms with bands or in my bedroom with my dumbells you work with what you have man. Just make it work! You can do it!
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My routine doesnt have pylo, Im doing the lean version not the classic.. and yes I know you need a little more room but i said i do MOST of the moves in a 4x4 not ALL of them