low energy question

Options
I have very little energy... I nap in the afternoon... ALOT... I thought once i started exercising and eating better i would gain energy...
I go to Zumba 3 times a week and try to walk 3 miles everyday (hills). If someone could check my diet and see what im missing? i have tried to take vitamins.. but they make me instantly sick.. I do take medication for bipolar and i know that does affect me a bit, but i shouldn't be this tired...

I want to be able to enjoy my new body!! i have gone from a size 16 to an 8. so HELP!!!!!

Replies

• mycrazyturtles
    Options
    I also can't take a normal vitamin I puke. take kids gummys they help.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Might be a thyroid problem. If you are getting plenty of rest at night (7-8 hours), see a doctor about it.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you're lacking energy, it's usually related to a deficiency in your diet. Is your iron intake very low? As for your multivitamin, read the label... some multivitamins must be taken with food to avoid sickness. I experience this with my iron supplements (my iron is EXTREMELY low). Just some thoughts! Potatoes usually give you a burst of energy and help your mind function.
    Here's a list of other energy-boosting foods!

http://www.fitness-nutrition-weightloss.com/eat-these-7-energy-foods-increase-energy-levels.html
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't see any veggies or fresh fruits. They're not energy-dense as carbs, but they're nutrient-dense. You should be getting vitamens from food sources more than pills anyway.

Ideas:
    ~fresh blueberries, strawberries, or diced apple in cereal
    ~apple spread with peanut butter instead of dried fruit and nuts
    ~yogurt with fruit instead of ice cream (you can mix plain yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, and fruit together then put it in the freezer for an hour to get that similar texture)
    ~steamed veggies with the spaghetti
    ~vegetable and meat stir fry
    ~raw celery/carrots/broccoli with hummus or other kind of dip for a snack

This is just what I can think of that would be easily subbed into today's meals.
  • jenn2782
    jenn2782 Posts: 47
    Options
    I get sick if I take a multi-vitamin too...So I started taking them right before I go to bed at night. I don't get sick and I feel the effects of the vitamins.
  • QueenObscene69
    QueenObscene69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    judging by your food diary, you're lacking in the fruit and veg department BIG TIME! "eat a rainbow" everyday. eat lots of different colored fruits and veggies to be sure you're getting all the proper nutrients. just supplementing them with vitamins wont cut it. hope that helps! if not you should see your doctor and get to the bottom of it.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    get ice green tea (no sugar or anything in it)
    and granny smith apple. (organic preferable)
  • Vpirwannab
    Options
    I also have very low energy. Vitamins help but like you I am instantly sick if I don't take them after a large meal. Try that and see what happens. I usually take mine in the evening after dinner.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Might be a thyroid problem. If you are getting plenty of rest at night (7-8 hours), see a doctor about it.

I agree
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    I don't see any veggies or fresh fruits. They're not energy-dense as carbs, but they're nutrient-dense. You should be getting vitamens from food sources more than pills anyway.

Ideas:
    ~fresh blueberries, strawberries, or diced apple in cereal
    ~apple spread with peanut butter instead of dried fruit and nuts
    ~yogurt with fruit instead of ice cream (you can mix plain yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, and fruit together then put it in the freezer for an hour to get that similar texture)
    ~steamed veggies with the spaghetti
    ~vegetable and meat stir fry
    ~raw celery/carrots/broccoli with hummus or other kind of dip for a snack

This is just what I can think of that would be easily subbed into today's meals.

i agree with her.
    you need a well balance meal.
    have a quarter of carb and protein
    and have half a plate of veggies. and snack on fruits fresh ones.

green tea (ice) and granny smith apples will help give you energy
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi.....have you tried taking vitamins with food? I know on an empty stomach they will make you sick!! Also I'm around your age and my energy level is low on most days. I"m going through pre-menopause and that will drain you for sure. Could it be possible you also might me menospausal? Drink lots and lots of water too if you aren't already. Congrats to you on the weight loss......you are doing awesome:)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Your net calories are really low, too... most days it's under 1000. Try eating a little more... you might just need more fuel in your tank. And as you're getting closer to your goal, you should decrease the amount you want to lose each week.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I would agree with all the fruit and veggie suggestions, plus getting away from as much of the precessed stuff as you can.

But another issue I see is that at least for the last 3 days in a row you've way under eaten you calories!! energy takes calories and creating too big of a deficit won't help you in the energy department.

Or help you lose weight in the end. Forget vitamins - eat healthy clean food!
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It looks like your net calories is consistently at or below below 1000...that could be triggering a "slowdown" in your body.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    thanks for all the information.. i know i have to up my vegetables... when I am working i pack a really good lunch.. when i am home for the week.. i don't eat as much... As for the thyroid issue.. i do have Graves.. which is a thyroid condition.. it is hyper. Im in remission so i don't take any meds and I am checked often.