My husband's success story, 74lbs down, with pics!! :)

Options
ecp2698
ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
I wanted to share my husband's success story, as he is too humble to post something on his own. I think his transformation is worthy of posting, though! His username on here is nab4life.

These before pics were taken before we started our first round of P90X in Jan 2009, he was about 250lbs. For the record, he is 5'10." He made it through about 10 weeks of P90X, but never finished, I can't remember the reason why. He did well with it, though, was down to about 220lbs. Then I got pregnant in Sept 2009 and he put on baby weight with me and got back to the same weight, around 250lbs. After the New Year 2010, he started making changes here and there with his eating and drinking and started losing some weight. In March 2010, he started running, at first he could barely finish a mile. He had knee issues and never thought he would be able to run any distance, but kept at it and kept getting better and better. He steadily started to lose weight after this, then in Nov 2010 we started P90X and completed our first round in Jan 2011.

He was stuck at 190lbs for weeks and I suggested he was not eating enough for how active he was being and he started here on MFP at the end of Jan 2011. He realized he was definitely was not eating enough and logging on here helped him to eat more of the right foods, and learn more about his eating habits. Since then, he has lost another 13lbs, and is at 176lbs, so in total, he has lost 74lbs. I think he would like to see 175lbs, as that is considered a "healthy BMI" but now he is mainly trying to gain lean muscle, and improve his running times. He hopes to run his first marathon in Oct 2011. We are also finishing up our second round of P90X, along with incorporating running into our routine.

If you couldn't tell by now, I am very proud of him, he has worked very hard to get where he is now, and has learned a lot. It has taken a long time, there is no quick and easy fix, but it can be done! :)

IMG_05412b.jpg
Before Jan 2009

IMG_5805.jpg
After April 2011

IMG_05402b.jpg
Before Jan 2009

IMG_5806.jpg
After April 2011

IMG_5808.jpg

IMG_5809.jpg

Replies

• stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That's amazing! What a transformation... thanks for sharing it with us :)
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Fixed the pics, tried to do side by side, but that didn't work, but you can see them better this way!
  • Tyra1976
    Tyra1976 Posts: 21
    Options
    Holy Crap!!! You look great Justin!!! You should be so very proud of yourself. For the record, Emmy rocks too!:smile:
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Terrific!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    wow that is a great job, you both should be proud of his hard work
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Tell your hubby, "Hubba-Hubba!" LOL

• AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job, congrats! He is a half of what he was in the first pic... :)
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    good for him, that`s awesome!! what a transformation!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You need to send his photo's into BeachBody (P90X) to use as testimony that the program worked well for him!!
    Tell him awesome job and I wish him success in his upcoming marathon!!!
  • jdeese
    jdeese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Good job!
  • ecp2698
    Options
    You need to send his photo's into BeachBody (P90X) to use as testimony that the program worked well for him!!
    Tell him awesome job and I wish him success in his upcoming marathon!!!

We plan on doing that, he just wants to wait until this second round is officially over in a couple weeks.

I will, thanks!
  • Laswom
    Laswom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Daaang! WTG Justin! Tell him he looks awesome!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job!Thanks for sharing!!
  • Me4me68
    Me4me68 Posts: 19
    Options
    What a transformation!! WTG!!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Awesome transformation!!! Tell Justine he rocks and should be very proud of his accomplishment!! You too!!! I wish him luck on the upcoming marathon!!! :smile:
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! Your hubby looks wonderful, and I congratulate you on being his biggest fan! He is blessed to have you supporting him through his transformation. Keep up the great work, both of you. :smile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both! Great work and very inspirational! I'm sure he's proud to have a wife as proud of him as you are too ;)
  • TanicaShante
    TanicaShante Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!! Thanks for sharing ...it's stories like these that keep me going. :)
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    Yes, he does look in a lot much better shape then before. He's done a very good job in getting in shape.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! congrats to you and your hubby! he looks fabulous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!