weighing yourself every week?

Options
2»

Replies

• bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday but only record it once a week. I just look at what it says and walk away. I use the days I have gained as extra motovation lol If I have lost its a huge moral boost!
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only record it once a week (Saturday). Our weight can fluctuate during the week so if the number is a little higher than the day before don't freak out. If your clothes are fitting more loosely and you are losing inches that means you're on the right track, even if the scale says differently that day.
  • ngwehner
    ngwehner Posts: 19
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I'd do it every other week, but don't have the patience to wait that long to see what's happening. Weighing in more often the once a week is counterproductive for most people as daily changes in body weight are normal and its frustrating if the number doesn't seem to always be going down. This can be especially true for women, as our monthly cycles cause swings in water weight - huge ones for some women. It pays to track your weight changes against your cycle as well as over time in general. Also, I findit best to always weigh in on the same day at the same time - first thing in the morning, without a stitch on (can't blame the clothes).
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I get on it every day to keep myself motivated but only "weigh in" on MFP when I reach a new low. That weigh, I know where I'm at, I keep an optimistic perspective on it, and I'm always shooting for a new low on my way to my final GW. Works for me pretty well, psychologically.

I do the same thing. Weighing myself everyday and at different times of the day just helps me know how my weight fluctuates and I notice what kind of things have an effect on that number on the scale. That way if I see a sudden jump of a pound or two I don't freak out-lol. I only put a new weight on MFP when I've dropped a pound or two and kept it off for a few days.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but I only record when there is a new low.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale EVERY morning!!!! I am really good at getting my water in, its all I drink, and have been drinking for the past 15-20 years or so,,,,but I find that fluctuation helps me get the extra into me that my muscles may be holding onto because of a heavier workout day, or perhaps my sodium levels going up......if I near 1000 I need to up the water,,,,just keeps me more accountable for what I'm doing, either good or bad,

good luck, just have to do what works for you
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale *kitten*...I weight just about every day just out of curiosity. If you do this, though, realize that you don't gain and lose weight as fast as you see it fluctuate on the scale...it's probably just water weight because your body naturally varies in weight even from morning to evening.

As far as what I actually count toward my weight loss goals, I only record my Friday morning weigh-ins. I think it's fine to weigh every day if you don't let it discourage you, but if it becomes and obsession and is affecting you negatively, I would say no more than once a week.
  • AdriGirl
    AdriGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't own a bathroom scale. I only weigh once to twice a week, and I use the Wii Fit Balance Board. It logs it for me I can set my goals, and its part of my workout routine. I made sure when I started working out to set up routines to track progress, so on workout #1 of the week = I take and record measurements, on workout #2 of the week = I take my weight... etc. However, this week will be off, because I am going on a work trip so I will do my workout on my off days, and I will move around my stats information so it will stay as close as possible to the days I normally take them. The measurements have been more helpful, then weighing myself anyway.
    MFP has helped me keep all the data in one place which is nice.
  • biscuittrisha
    biscuittrisha Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1st thing every morning to keep myself honest. I don't skip even if I had a bad day as it shows me the impact of my actions. The biggest thing is to understand why you are stepping on the scale and to not get down on yourself when it fluctuates. I don't get upset if I am up a pound or so but know that I did my best the prior day. But, weighing every day keeps me going strong towards my end goal.
  • randomstalker
    Options
    i used to weigh myself everyday and it came a slight obsession to check after i got up in the morning. then i stopped because i just couldnt be bothered as i found myself getting frustrated. now i aim to weigh myself once a week when i get up on a certain day, as i can see through the week if ive lost any. ive learned now that i cant get frustrated or upset if i gain some, i then now i just need to try harder!
  • mbalaguer1
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday. I always see my numbers go down though so it gives me a nice boost for the rest of the day to know I lost some weight. Probably once I plateau and start seeing the same weight every morning or the up and down thing i'll start doing it just once a week. Really, whatever makes you happy is the way to go