5 lbs to go

Options
Ok, I have 5 lbs left to lose. From what I have read here, the weight loss really begins to go slowly at this point. I have had my goal set at 1 lb loss per week since I started MFP. Should I now change it to 1/2 lb and up my calories? I have been stalled for a couple of weeks. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Replies

• sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have tapered my weightloss down gradually. I'm about 3lb away from my (vanity) target. Set to lose 1/2lb per week. I think adjusting it can help you lose, not sure how upping cals does that but I think your body gets used to getting the calories and burns them off. A lot of postings on here have indicated that upping calories does help you lose if you are on a plateau.
    Hope this is helpful. Its working for me.:wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories when I had 10 pounds to go, and STILL lost 1.5# this week.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    good to know! Thanks for the advice!
  • lauraajohnsonrn
    Options
    I've read in several fitness magazines that if you hit a wall, add weights. Strength exercises burn calories even after you're done working out. Good Luck!
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    That is so true muscle burns calories when you do a hard work out like Trubo fire your metablism is still going after workouts its called the after burn