What to expect from week 2?

Options
I lost 8 pounds during my first week using MFP. I know most was fluid loss. I have done really well eating wise on week 2 with my weigh in on Monday morning. What can I expect? I am guessing my body is still adjusting to the 8 pound loss in such a quick period of time and I afraid I will hit a plateau beginning in week 2. Do I need to alter my plan any if I don't lose any from week 2? I am eating my MFP calories including most of my exercise calories. Just curious if anyone had a huge first week then stalled?

Replies

• AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    I lost 7lbs in my first week, then in my second week I lost 1lb. I suppose everyone is different, but i'd probably expect a much lower loss than you had in your first week. :smile:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. The key is to just stick with healthy eating and exercise, pay attention to your weight-but don't get overly obsessed with it. You aren't on The Biggest Loser. There will be weeks you lose a lot and weeks you lose a little, as long as you are staying healthy that's all that matters.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Expect to lose less and don't be disappointed. That is what happens. I am 90 days in myself...and fluctuated a lot the first couple weeks. Then got into a steady loss pattern. Good luck to you!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I can already see a transition in my belly size as my belt this week had to be tugged up a notch. I am glad I got off to a good start and by logging my food I am unconsciously eating healthier. All of that is positive. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    It was 7 days before I saw a one pound loss. Talk about discouraging! Then the second & third week seemed to move much faster.
  • gtm124
    Options
    It was 7 days before I saw a one pound loss. Talk about discouraging! Then the second & third week seemed to move much faster.

Sounds like you stayed with the program though which is encouraging. Keep up the good work.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options

Sounds like you stayed with the program though which is encouraging. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I relied a lot on the good people here to keep me motivated and give me great useful information.
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also lost a decent amount early, but don't get discouraged. Don't forget to pay attention to the sizes of clothes that you are wearing. I only have lost 18 pounds, but I can wear some clothes that are 3 sizes smaller. That in itself is encouraging! I love shopping now!!!!
  • gtm124
    Options
    Thanks. I have only been on this site for a couple of weeks and i have learned so much. My previous eating habits were SOOOOO out of range I am surprised I did not hit a higher max before I woke up from the senseless eating. There is much to be said about logging your food consumption.