Just saying hello!

Options
Hi! Well, I've been in the weigh loss "game" for many times too many. Just found the site and am looking for friends with similar goals. As much as I love success stories I really feel I need to unite with people who are on the same boat as me, even tho those who are far ahead can be extremely motivating and inspiring. But, I need to feel - as I said already - united. Not alone.

I'm 5'1 and 166# and make terrible food and lifestyle choices daily. Not setting a goal weight right now, just trying to focus on getting in some more regular exercise and choosing better foods to ingest. I think if I'm going to be successful at this I have to change my lifestyle first and get that going. Then I can focus on numbers on the scale. SO, let's befriend and help each other with recipes, workout regimens, motivation, etc.

Peace!

Replies

• MissConfidence
    Options
    Where's the love?? :(
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You don't have to set a goal as far as a number on a scale but it is good to set some kind of goal that pertains to what you are trying to achieve. Whether it may be to eat healthy meals all week, exercise 5-6 times a week. Setting goals helps you stay accountable. Sometimes you are more likely to stick with a goal when they are written out. Good luck on your journey.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good for you !! This is a lifestyle choice rather than a "diet" as such. I hope you get to where you want to be. Feel free to friend request me if you like.
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You don't have to set a goal as far as a number on a scale but it is good to set some kind of goal that pertains to what you are trying to achieve. Whether it may be to eat healthy meals all week, exercise 5-6 times a week. Setting goals helps you stay accountable. Sometimes you are more likely to stick with a goal when they are written out. Good luck on your journey.

I think you're right. I should set some goals. I just seem to get carried away when I do that. I set goals too high, and when I fail, I lose momentum and use it as an excuse. I've got to tone it down but when I do I feel like it is not pushing myself enough so it's an annoying vicious cycle, where I can't be satisfied...
  • Weavertracker
    Options
    I am setting up this site to help me loose 15 pounds in four months. How about you?
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! its an awesome place! Good luck with your goals, I know you will succeed!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Thanks!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    I am setting up this site to help me loose 15 pounds in four months. How about you?

Ultimately, about 40 pounds, but i'm not setting a time frame at this point pretty much because i know i will fail.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI! welcome aboard.good luck on your journey!!
  • cain777
    cain777 Posts: 19
    Options
    welcome congrats for the first step!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I wish I started a long time ago and stuck with it. If only...
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you'll find this the best place to be in your new adventure.