Food Diary

Options
2»

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I log mostly everything, but I don't track chewing gum, or sugar free syrup that I add to iced tea sometimes. I do a visual assessment - if it appears to be ~15 calories or less I don't bother. I usually have enough of a deficit from exercise to cover little things like that.
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    I log in everything because you are only cheating yourself if you choose not to put certain stuff on here. Then on top of that if you workout you can burn those bad calories that you ate off. That's what I do today I had a slice of pizza and when I logged it in it's 740 calories which put me over my intake, but I know I'm going to workout tonight as soon as I get off work. But that one slice of pizza also showed me exactly what I was putting in mouth but I didn't find out until after I ate the pizza. I want be eating that again.
  • locomotion
    Options
    Yup I log everything, even 2 french fries or the fresh lemon juice I add to my water (which is only 6 calories). Since I'm doing this I've gonna do this right. Really, I'll only be cheating myself if I don't. :ohwell:
  • hmh2
    hmh2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Sometimes I check what I am thinking of eating just to know if I have enogh avalible calories. I want to make a change that is realistic and I can keep. I am teaching my son better habbits by knowing!
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Yeah pretty much - having the app on my phone helps a lot. If I take one very small bite of something I won't log it - like maybe a small bit of icing from cakes brought into work. But something like a small reeces cup - yeah I log it. After a while you get to know the caloric content of foods and learn that if you eat something that is like 10 calories you can add that to something else you log. Also, I (and probably everyone) tend to eat a lot of the same things every day, so it makes it easy to copy from previous days.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I use the phone app which definately helps me to keep up with what goes in. Also, I dont preplan dinner this way if I have a weak moment during the day and eat a few chips or one of the lil ones chicken nuggets I can adjust dinner to compensate. Honestly, I feel better knowing exactly what I put in.

Yeah I'm more like that. I log everything in most the time either the day before or in the morning and I've been on this mission for so long that depending on what my #s look like for the day, I sometimes don't log in the 1 chip I slip up and eat or etc etc. But I make a mental note of it (having previously logged in every bite in the past).

I was just wondering if the majority of everyone's diary was true to the tee.

Oh by the way, I will be peeking into you guys diary now to get some tips!! And healthy snacks and meals.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING if its just a bite of a cookie I log it as a whole cookie.
    This week im not logging though cuz Im testing something
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It does take dedication to keep it all logged. I use my phone app all the time. The big thing I make sure I always record are things like ketchup, mayo, and salad dressings. If it has calories I log it...even sweetener and margarine. It gets easier with time.