Posting a Picture to an MFP Blog (Tutorial)

Options
While I'm not actively losing weight on MFP right now, I'm still lurking on the boards every once and awhile. I've seen a couple people ask how to add a picture to their blog, so I figured I'd write another tutorial!

**An important note: I recommend putting in your code for the image (as explained below) before ever trying to write anything else. Unless you have some knowledge about HTML, sorting through the other coding to find where to put your picture code can get to be quite difficult.

1) First, start a new blog. You can do this by clicking "Add Post" under the Tools section of your blog.

2) Next, you need to switch your blog into HTML-mode, in order to post a picture. How do you do this?

3) Basically, on your blog, on the right side of the editing toolbar, there is a button that says HTML (and then says "Edit HTML Source" when you hover over it). Click on that button. It's going to bring up another screen. Now, take this code, and copy + paste it into your blog: (without all the spaces- erase them)

< img src=" image.gif" />

See where it says "image.gif"? That's where you need to put your image code.

4) Upload your picture to an image-hosting site like Photobucket or TinyPic (side note: I prefer TinyPic, because you can choose to resize the photo to a smaller size and you don't have to make an account). When given a choice of URL, use the URL that says "Direct Link for Layouts" NOT the Image Code. Copy the code by highlighting it, then right-clicking and selecting "Copy" or pressing Ctrl + C.

5) Now using the < img src=" image.gif" /> code that you've pasted in your blog (again, without the spaces), place your image URL inside the part that says "image.gif". Keep the quotation marks ("") but erase the image.gif before you place the image URL inside the quotation marks.

6) Click Update on the bottom of the window, then your picture should appear.

7) Now continue to type, type, type away and show all your progress to the MFP world! (cheesy ending line!)

8) Be sure to save your post!

And, if you're ever trying to put a picture on an MFP Message Board, here's another tutorial:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial

And if you ever have any questions, feel free to Private Message me! :)

**Note: I do not work for myfitnesspal.com, nor do I claim to work for myfitnesspal.com. I'm just another user trying to help out some of the not-so-tech-savvy users.

Replies