40 days + no weight loss = lesson learned!

Options
2»

Replies

• sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks, there was some useful tips there.
    I also want to thank you for your concern, but I'm not starving myself, I almost never eat less than 1200 calories, which is the calculation mfp has given me to lose .5 pounds per week, (which at my height and current weight is the most it recommends for me) I stayed slightly below my goal after adding in my exercise. and I never went above the number of calories it tells me I burn in a day (I said BMR, but that may be the wrong term.)
    one more thing, from September to November 2010 I did eat all my exercise calories and gained about 8 pounds.
    I will likely be looking into heart rate monitors though, that sounds promising...
    thanks again!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have insulin reistance and a metabolic disorder. I am having lots of trouble losing also. I am going to try the higher protein and low carbs and we will see what will happen. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)
  • Shortyburb
    Shortyburb Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I noticed your average carbs are 200 or more. You should try taking your carbs down to 160ish. I can imagine it might be harder for you since your vegan. Thats the only advice I can think of. Sorry :(
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Also, buy a food scale and MEASURE EVERYTHING that passes your lip. If you can, get a good heart rate monitor for accurate estimates of calorie burn during your work out. The estimates on here are way off for someone your size.

Good luck!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Wow I'm impressed! You're not just whining about it, you actually have a well laid out plan and you aren't blaming the lack of weight loss on absurd and lazy notions. I'm proud of you! :-D

And for those of you offering advice, I don't remember reading anything in the post asking for it? There's a plan, there is excitement about the plan and a promise to update with results. Sounds good to me. :-D