Hey :-) I'm new!!! Motivation Needed!

Options
Hey everybody, my name is Marie and I'm from MS. Losing weight has been very hard for me. The main reason is because I'm very solid and if you look at me I look like I weigh 50-75 lbs less than what I really weight. When I tell ppl my weight they are shocked. I'm am really overweight and I currently have high bp and i just want to be healthy and loose the extra belly and arms but keep my hips and buttocks. I tend to do good for a week but because I look smaller than what I am, I loose my motivation quick and I get scared that I may loose my shape but I really need help overcoming that so I can loose and be healthy. I want to loose 0-60 lbs and I need your help and advice and motivation to get there. I have a weakness for sweets and food in general :frown: . So please give me advice on keeping myself motivated and overcoming my problem.

Replies

• SlimBren
    SlimBren Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds to me you're on the right path! I just started a month ago and am hooked on this... losing weight isn't hard it's just the mentality behind it where we make it seem hard. Welcome and I wish you the best of luck!
  • armywife0128
    Options
    thank you:smile:
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm sure you will get the support you need here, it's great!!. I can sympathise with losing motivation it has always stood in my way before. Not this time though, i am determined. I started this journey 4 weeks ago and I am amazed that I am still motivated and enjoying it! It definitely helps to add friends, just reading their daily updates encourages me. Good luck, I will send you a friend request.
  • Larisi
    Larisi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey my name is Larissa and I'm new too. I'm the same way. I look like i weigh about 50-80 pounds less than I do and I have a hard time loosing the weight. I heard about this site from my doctor and she told me that it is really helpful. She said to just keep track of what you eat and how much exercise you do. Good luck. I hope it works for you.:smile:
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! First of all, congratulations on trying to make a healthier lifestyle for yourself!

The hard part in my opinion is the motivation. Don't be afraid to add people including myself as friends.

Either way, good luck! I hope you reach your goals! ;)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I am also short and muscular, and weigh in much higher than I look like I should. I don't have bp issues, but always like to stay fit, so I understand your predicament. I have found running really really burns off all that extra fat you don't want, and leaves you with the attributes that are so attractive on gals like us... While I've gone from a 14 to a 9 (and still dropping!) in just five months or so, I've still got a knock out rear end and my legs are toning up very nicely. If you're not a runner (and I wasn't), you can start with C25K program and go from there. It's a doable program to follow, and takes nothing more than determination and a good pair of running shoes. I started with C25K last fall the week of Halloween and now I'm routinely running 3.5 miles 3 days a week plus a long 6 mile run on the weekends training for my first half marathon. I see results almost constantly. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is! :)
  • Jesseocc
    Jesseocc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site, Ive been using MFP for about a week, I find it quite helpful. I Particularly find the Android app very convenient and helpful. Best of luck!
  • katepolden
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's all about motivation here and if you're like me that is half the battle! I'm like you in that I'm not going to have amazing before and after photos but I have got a few stone to loose and know that I will be healthier when I do!!!
    Good luck - I'm sure you'll do great!
    Katie
    P.S. where is MS? I first saw it and thought Marks and Spencers which sells all the yummy food I should be avoiding! An interesting place to live but bad for the waistline!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!! this is a great place to start and finish your journey! as for the goal weight...it is entirely up to you, just know that it is hard to pick specific areas to lose fat...it kinda comes off where it wants to; however, you can build more muslce in specific areas if you target them while working out!! the most important thing is that you are happy with how you look when you get there, and that your body IS healthy along with being in that healthy weight range!