I cheated yesterday :(

Options
Hello everyone !

Yesterday was easter Sunday as everyone knows and I had far to much BBQ food and too much alcohol !
I have let myself down...

But i'm back on MFP this morning so surely this must mean I am ready to put yesterdays mistakes behind me and refresh...

I intend to burn a little more off today than normal days more for a good feeling about myself and to get me kick started again !

To any of you who may have "cheated" yesterday with it been with too many chocolates or rich food Monday is the start of a new week we CAN do this !

xx

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at it as a cheat. Living healthier has to be looked at realistically. You allowed yourself to enjoy a holiday. No guilt needed.
  • superboltman714a
    Options
    I bet a lot of us cheated yesterday. I did!

Do you feel good afterwards? I don't. I am not worried about the cheat, I was planning that, but I feel sick to the stomach today.

Back on the horse today!

It wasn't worth it, haha.
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    No big deal. Just keep movin' on.
  • mvliege
    mvliege Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call this cheating. It's OK to consume more calories than usual on special occasions. As long as you compensate for it the days after you'll be fine.

Regards, Bowlsmurf.
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Funniest thing is I did enjoy it while I was eating it but afterwards I felt like a big flump and didnt have no energy !

I am moving on thats why in my post I have turned my cheating into a positive outlook for today and the rest of the week ! :D

xx
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    ive cheated for the last 3 days but back to business today, dont worry, we al ldeserve a break :)
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I did that last weekend for some odd reason. Like someone else mentioned, I felt like crud afterwards. Then, when I got on the scale last monday, the sins from my weekend were obvious. I had gained back 2 lbs. Then I REALLY felt like crud! So, I worked hard and planned carefully and managed to lose the 2 I gained, plus another .9 more. This monday sure feels much better then last monday! Happiness!

M
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    me too, 5 pints of Guinness and 2 Dominos later, talk about guilt this morning :(
    still it is holiday time
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I definitely "cheated" yesterday too. But the break was nice, and I indulged in foods that I know I don't get to have but once or twice a year. I enjoyed and savoured, went for a walk, and now, like you, am planning on getting back on track this week.

Put it behind you, and move forward :-D
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Same here! Just can't say no to beer, turkey and stuffing!
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    HAHAHA BBQ food is just lovely when the sun is shining and its bank holiday weekend and the beer goes down to fast and you loose track really easily I enjoyed it at the time but now i feel like a non energetic lump pmsl !

I'm going to have lunch let it to settle then burn burn burn !

xx Thankyou for replies so far means a lot !
  • ChrisR0128
    Options
    I didnt cheat, I was totaly realistic and knew ahead of time that I wasnt going to drive myself crazy counting calories. I enjoyed the day, my family, and a few treats. Saturday I worked out a little harder, and I am doing the same today to make up for the overage. I surprisingly turned down alot of things, I ate well and while everyone else was complaining about how bloated they felt, I felt good. To me if I expect and plan ahead it is not "cheating"