what clothing will you miss when they no longer fit?

Options
peacehawk
peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
Last night when I was at work, I kept needing to pull up my pants even though I was wearing my favorite belt. It is made of metal, leather, reinstones and the parts are connected by a bunch of small pieces of black elastic, so it is stretchy. The problem is that once it's too small to have any stretch, it is not adjustable. I will either have to give it up or replace all the little pieces of elastic with cord instead. I will miss my belt when it is too big.

I will also miss my tye dyed bras that I bought at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival last year.

What will you miss?

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I went to a local soccer game this weekend and wore my USA World Cup 2010 kit. Last year when I bought it it was an XL. I put it on and it was like a tent! I bought a new Jersey for the Orlando City at the game and it was a small.

So it's a tossup between by USA jersey and my kilt :(
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I will miss nothing. Good riddance! Or I should say, I miss nothing!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I miss some of my rockstar jeans! The beauty and pain of losing weight. Not to mention the expense of getting clothes that fit ;/
    And a ton of band t shirts that absolutely don't fit.
  • Shunhades
    Shunhades Posts: 16
    Options
    An easier fix is to just add another hole to the belt. Basically just remove some excess rhinestones and such and add another hole and vola your favorite belt still fits. And you didn't have to give anything up =)

And if your really good at sewing you can trim the excess off, but if not I don't recommend that.

I guess I don't see this as a huge problem because taking stuff in or paying someone to sew it in isn't a big deal. I myself know how to sew so to me if I lose the weight I can just sew in my clothes.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i agree completely. i will miss nothing!
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    I'm a sucker for 50's fashion and LOVE my Vivian of Holloway red/black polka dot 50's dress (in pic). It's a size 16 and I can still get away with it at the moment though if lose more weight (which I intend to) it won't fit much longer.
    On the brighter side....can't wait to get into the size 12's that have been at the back of my wardrobe for nearly 6 years :D
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Nothing...anything that is a size smaller is much better!!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of my "nicer" work pants. I literally have no pants left. Will need to buy a pair ASAP, I've been making due with skirts.

Clarification: I won't miss them, per se, but I'll miss the money I'll spend on replacement short-term :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My SHOES have been getting looser. :sad:
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    I have about 10+ dresses that I love, none of which fit now :( I mean, it is good, its just, finding clothes I really love takes me a little longer (and is expensive!!) and my choice of outfits to wear out nowadays is really down to a couple of nice tops and 2 dresses!!

Jeans are also annoying - but they are more exciting to have get too big and then have to go buy new ones :D ... the dresses are a genuine sadness... (maybe I should look at getting some stuff taken in?? .............)
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nothing absolutely nothing!!! All I wear is black! It will be so nice to incorporate COLOUR and not feel like I stick out like a sore thumb! So nice to dump clothes that are either too small, i feel awkward wearing them or too big and baggy to hide me that I feel like I'm walking in a tent. It will be nice to actually think of hey what do I actually like rather than right this is the only thing that fits! Like I said, I'll miss nothing.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I miss nothing. It's so nice to be able to fit into smaller clothes and buy news ones that fit. When I get to my goal weight, I still miss miss nothing of the old big frumpy stuff. On to new and better fitting clothes and a healthier body is what I'm looking forward to.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I'm an otaku (Japanese anime, manga and pop culture fan), and I have a couple of really great cosplay outfits that I won't be able to wear unless they get taken in quite a bit. Namely, my Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind costume and my homemade Gothic Lolita dress!

Someone else here mentioned shoes. I second that. I love my shoes!!! Although, I have at least three pairs that I don't really wear often at all, so maybe it'll motivate me more to sell/donate them? I also have two pairs that are a tiny bit snug, so they'll be fitting better, but eventually will have to go.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    All my jeans! They are all too big now.
  • colorfulblusher
    Options
    i will miss all my summer dresses. but can always buy new ones
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    NONE!! There was nothing I liked that much. Of course I was always in diva mode when I dressed but I never allowed myself to really like anything because I wasn't happy with the size on the tag.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    A lot of my jeans are getting big (yay!!!) but they are comfy jeans and I hate to see them go. I also had some form fitting t-shirts that are loose now.

My Renn costumes were made years ago and now I have to take them in, and even make a new corset because of my weight lose. My old corset was $300 and I haven't found one that I like since that one.

On a plus not I'm fitting into my clothes from 10 years ago. Their all in good-new condition so that's cool. I was 18 then so some of my tastes have changed but i don't have any jeans or bottoms so I have to get new. but I figure my current ones will work for another 5-10 lbs lose.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My SHOES have been getting looser. :sad:

yup. need new boots.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Nothing. All the clothes I currently wear were purchased because I just needed something to wear, not because I loved any of them. It's hard to find clothes you love in women's sizes, they all suck!
  • microfat
    microfat Posts: 44
    Options
    Aww this is a great one.. i guess i will miss my smock maxi dresses, if there elastic doesn't bounce back, there goners..

Atleast my bags and shoes will still fit me :D