Mc donalds !!!!

Options

Replies

• AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I also like McDonalds. They have their moments of grossness. :sick: They also have their moments of "I'm Lovin' it!" :heart:

If you feel the desire for McDonalds plan for it, and as with anything only in moderation. :drinker:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Most food that is processed has a yuck factor. It is what it is. I personally think they have one of the best tasting grilled chicken sandwiches around and I love love love their nonfat caramel cappuccinos or nonfat caramel mochas.
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Menu has very few options that I would consider "healthy" If you're craving a hamburger, you're better off just getting a small hamburger and nothing else. The small burger does have 0.5 g of Trans Fat and about 500 mg of sodium, but it is about 250 calories. If I had to make a choice, I would go for their Southwest Salad without chicken. It's only 140 calories and 150 mg of sodium.

Here's their nutritional link: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf
  • kristie778
    Options
    I think that as you start eating healthier - more fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and NON-fried foods, your palate changes and you no longer want the kind of garbage that McDonald's serves. I think even the smell in that place is disgusting (I should probably add that I'm vegetarian)

Yes, they have healthier options, but why put yourself in harm's way be even going into the restaurant.

Going to McDonald's for a salad is like going to a *kitten* for a hug. (can't take credit for that little saying, but I thought it was funny! :))
  • pawg_1983
    Options
    chicken nuggets are ground up chicken "parts" and then i was told the meat is "DYED WHITE" to make it actually resemble chicken meat...GROSE right??? so when you bit into a hard white piece of SOMETHING-it could be like a bone or something nasty ='(
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    the sandwich was 270 calories and 350 calorie for the nuggets

What more information do you need than the calorie counts you provided? I don't get why anyone EVER eats at McDonalds or any other fast food "restaurant."

Watch the movie Super Size Me... I think that's the title.
  • ascollette
    Options
    Chicken Nuggets are about 44% chicken. Less than HALF of each nugget.

http://www.thehealthyboy.com/2010/06/whats-really-in-mcdonalds-chicken.html

^_^

Ahhhh! Thanks for posting this. I am never letting my kids eat chicken nuggets again! Seriously?! YUCK!
  • Kayceeg27
    Kayceeg27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Google Pink Goo.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I hadn't been to McDonalds in several years, but I pass one every weekend when I am out walking. Anyways, last year I talked my daughter into walking with me one Saturday in preparation for March of Dimes. She said she would -- IF I bought her breakfast. So, I said I would take her to McDonalds on our walk, knowing it was going to add about 2 miles to the walk. So...we walked 5 miles through local trails and came out near McDonalds. We stopped for breakfast. We had about 2 miles to walk after we ate. I think we each had a Sausage and egg sandwich, hash browns, coffee. We ate and then started out on the last leg of our walk. Within 1/2 a mile, my stomach was upset, bloated and uncomfortable. So was Hollands. Haven't been back since.

McCramps!!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I eat at McDonalds too... not daily, but once in a while. Bada pa pa pa... I'm lovin' it. I always suspected that the chicken nuggets seemed a little "un-chickeny".
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Sorry. I like McDonald's and I just can't bash them for them being what they are. There better choices there, you just have to get them.

I totally AGREE! But, if you haven't seen the movie Super Size Me, watch it and you may not eat it quite so often. LOL!

Lol! i saw that movie and still eat the food...cuz no matter whattt i see ...i know that unless i raise muh own chicken and cows and pigs...and and and....the way the food is process is always gonna be disgusting ...we never gonna know what happens behind annyyy closed doors
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options

And there are no mice at my McDonalds.

That you seeeeee.

That could be said of all of our own homes as well..... but we don't have a monthly pest prevention plan in our homes, do we?
  • mathergirl
    mathergirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't usually get food there but I was taking the kids for a treat and found out the soft serve only has 150 calories per cone! So yummy.
  • jjh645
    jjh645 Posts: 3
    Options
    I grew up on McDonald.. and i can honestly say when i went away for about a good 3 years and then started eating there every once in a while since I've had kids... I can feel a difference in my body after i eat there. For some reason it makes me feel slimy in side and I'm not "satisfied" after a meal it leaves me wanting more.. even after the healthy choices.. grilled chicken .. salads.. parfaits... etc..
    Someone said it just perfect on here... watch super size me .. yes he eats probably more then you would.. however just think if double what you're eating can do that to him in 3 meals a day what is even the smallest portion doing to your body right now (when you eat it)? that made me almost want to throw up! I'm not sure how you will react... but i still do go there probably once every 2 weeks with my kids. i will let them get the apple slices cho. milk and whatever there choice is... its a treat... its not something i do ALL THE TIME... There are ( as mentioned earlier too) Subways almost always by a mc donalds.. they have kid friendly ideas there too as well as healthy stuff for you as well!
    Yes there are horror stories of mice and fingers in nuggets and hairs and whatever... a lot of other fast food places will have hairs and rodents in the back as well... coming from someone who use to work in a MCDONALD's, BK, and at a grocery store deli even... so its just something to think about...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I think that as you start eating healthier - more fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and NON-fried foods, your palate changes and you no longer want the kind of garbage that McDonald's serves. I think even the smell in that place is disgusting (I should probably add that I'm vegetarian)

Yes, they have healthier options, but why put yourself in harm's way be even going into the restaurant.

Going to McDonald's for a salad is like going to a *kitten* for a hug. (can't take credit for that little saying, but I thought it was funny! :))

I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand the smell. Even when I pass a burger king the smell reeeeeeeeks!

The salad/*kitten* quote is CLASSIC!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I like McDonald's and I just can't bash them for them being what they are. There better choices there, you just have to get them.

I totally AGREE! But, if you haven't seen the movie Super Size Me, watch it and you may not eat it quite so often. LOL!

or to see both sides watch supresize me and then watch fat head
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

And there are no mice at my McDonalds.

That you seeeeee.

That could be said of all of our own homes as well..... but we don't have a monthly pest prevention plan in our homes, do we?

ummmm I don't have mice in my home that I do know because its my home. But you can't awesome the 10 minutes you are standing in McDonalds that they don't have mice. Most restaurants do no matter how high or low on the todem pole they are.

So to make a blanket statement like you did just doesn't hold water unfortunately.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    im not a big fan of Mc Donalds so I rarely eat there. But any time I do I feel exactly the same after ive eaten there as I do when Ive eaten something healthy. like ive eaten food and thats it
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

That movie took it to the extreme. Even if you make 'smart' choices at restarants like that, and ate there for EVERY MEAL you'd gain weight, too. You're (hopefully) making a lifestyle change, not reaching your goal weight and going back to your old habits. Ask yourself if it's unrealistic for you to never have a fish sandwich from there again. My guess is you will end up wanting, and eating, one again. It's all about how you eat and exercise the rest of the day (or week, really) and work around that. If it's a place you can't make a healthier decision or resist temptation, don't beat yourself up. We all have those moments.

Thats not true the guy from Fat Head ate there every meal and lost weight