Brides on a Mission: Week 17

Options
Hello brides!

As many of you know I am finishing up with nursing school and will be graduating in June with my RN-BSN. I have been super busy and stressed with studying for my state boards and I have not been on the thread as much lately. I love our thread and still want to be a part of it. But sadly it is becoming a little much for me each week to keep up with. I am wondering if there is anyone else willing to take over the thread and make the weekly initial posting and to “moderate” the thread???!!! I would ask that it be someone who has been apart of the threads for at least 2 of the 4 months we have been together (Since they would then know the most about how the board goes). Anyone interested please let me know by message or on the thread. If more than one person would like to take over…not sure what I will do! I hope everyone can understand!

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 17 challenge: Who has Easter leftovers around? Are they tempting you? Let’s try this week to not binge on the holiday leftovers. Limit yourself and if you can’t handle that…get rid of it all! Didn’t celebrate Easter….avoid the ice cream in the freezer or the bag of BBQ chips in the pantry!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 16 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack:
7. How did you handle the Easter holiday:
8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Noob here

1. Name: Melissa
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Houston area
    4. Occupation: housewife lol
    5. Wedding date: March 31, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Justin
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: almost 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 217
    9. Goal weight and date: 140lbs March 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: kickboxing
    11. Favorite healthy food: salads
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    we all understand....its okay...=)

Brides on a Mission: week 17
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .08

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): get to try on my dress one last time tomorrow.... before the wedding in 2 weeks...=) excited ....cant wait....hope these 2 weeks fly by....

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): worked today on family day and its easter...

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: just stayed at home and had the closest of my girlfriends over for the nite and had one of these best nites ever in a long time ..i did.....

5. Any wedding news updates: weather finally warmer up around here as our ceremony is outside....and snow n ice on lake is completely gone...

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: english muffin n peanut butter....

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday:
    whatever...blah ....did what ever but in moteration...

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): great except for today had a diet soda and no water

9. Weekly wrap up: overalll...good just excited to get married soon....
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Thanks for keeping up the board, despite your busy schedule! :)

Brides on a Mission: week 16 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Monthly weigh in sometime next week :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Easter sunday was really fun. Went with FH's family to his sister's boyrfriend's house which is on a small lake. The weather was nice and FH and I got to take the paddle boat out on the lake. and there were tons of pelicans and ducks out. It was a great day.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): We found out this week that my FH's mom has a malignant tumor and has to have a full hysterectemy. So that's kind of scary.

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: I have no idea. We'll have to ask my Adam of Honor about that...

5. Any wedding news updates: Nope. On hold till semester ends for formal planning.

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: Usually a handful of macadamia nuts or almonds, or some raw veggies with blue cheese dressing.

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: Pretty well. I ate turkey and raw veggies with dip. Avoided the potatoes and stuffing and pasta salads successfully. But did have a bite of my FH's apple pie, and did drink two glasses of wine...

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): I was swimming in it I drank so much! :)

9. Weekly wrap up: I ate a lot this past week- I made healthy content choices, but not portion choices. I resolve not to stuff myself every night this week, like last week...
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm excited to join :)

1. Name: Amanda
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Toronto
    4. Occupation: Communications Director
    5. Wedding date: 15/10/2011
    6. Fiancés name: Matt
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 233lbs
    9. Goal weight and date: 137lbs by July 17
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Jogging/running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Gnu fiber bars
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 17

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Been too scared to weigh myself after being off the wagon. Going to have an official weigh-in next monday.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My wedding dress came in!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): TOM
    4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Going to Charleston SC for an extended weekend with my bridesmaids. I want to beach bum it, get dressed up and go bar hopping.
    5. Any wedding news updates: Wedding dress, yay! All bridesmaid dresses are ordered. And we paid our second large payment on the ceremony/reception site! eek!
    6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: I know I should have a snack, but usually I just starve until dinner.
    7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: I did pretty well, I reduced portion sizes on everything, but I did have 2 small pieces of pie.
    8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): I am not going to lie, I hate logging my water to mfp, so I didn't but I did drink a lot of it!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Pretty good week. Starting to work out again this week and also eating extra healthy, though my boss did just buy me 4 beautiful cupcakes and they can not go to waste. :)
  • Colie001
    Colie001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope its okay that I join now being that you all our on week 17 =)

1. Name: Nicole
    2. Age: 29
    3. City: Seattle
    4. Occupation: Client Associate
    5. Wedding date: 12/03/2011
    6. Fiancés name: Joel
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 1/2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 198
    9. Goal weight and date: 140 *no specific date set
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Spin Class
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit fruit fruit =)
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    Welcome Melissa, Amanda, and Nicole!!!
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 16

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, TOO MANY WEEKS LIKE THIS!!! not sure what to try to do differently!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got the ring :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Not much, just trying to get the groom into what I want him to wear ;) He's worried he'll be too hot, anyone else go through this?

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Not sure if I'm having one, my best friend is moving away by the beginning of July and she had an idea to take a limo wine touring, so we'll see...

5. Any wedding news updates: Inquiring about hair and makeup this week

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: yoghurt, cottage cheese, usually don't have an afternoon snack or it'd be unhealthy

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: Alright, perhaps a little too much wine, but no worries about leftover temptations because they're all at my Mom's place 5 hours away.

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): Terribly

9. Weekly wrap up: Nothing much, other than I can't stop staring at my new ring :D
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: None -but at least i am not gaining!!-

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): got to see my 2 year old great niece who was so cute! I talked about a bridal shower with my soon to be step mother.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):stressed from work is making me crave caffeine...

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: not having one. Reason for this is because in a week of moving I will be getting married and figure most my cost's will be moving and wedding.

5. Any wedding news updates: tried on my dress and was a bit tight but it was a lot less tighter then when i brought it.

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: sunflower seeds or yogurt or fiberone bar

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: went a little over bored on chocolate but i didnt go over my calorie in take~

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): drinked about 10 bottles a day

9. Weekly wrap up: trying not to be so stressed out.

Also welcome Melissa, Amanda, and Nicole!!!
  • Bditbobcat
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, TOO MANY WEEKS LIKE THIS!!! not sure what to try to do differently!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got the ring :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Not much, just trying to get the groom into what I want him to wear ;) He's worried he'll be too hot, anyone else go through this?

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Not sure if I'm having one, my best friend is moving away by the beginning of July and she had an idea to take a limo wine touring, so we'll see...

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: yoghurt, cottage cheese, usually don't have an afternoon snack or it'd be unhealthy

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: Alright, perhaps a little too much wine, but no worries about leftover temptations because they're all at my Mom's place 5 hours away.

9. Weekly wrap up: Nothing much, other than I can't stop staring at my new ring :D

Congrats on getting the ring!!! Yeah the staring at the ring hasn't gone away for me yet, and it has been 10 months since it was put on my finger. hehe!!!
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost 2 inches, not sure about weight - my scale broke!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I finished up my first class of my Master's Degree

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): A good friend's brother passed away on Sunday.

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Going to a comedy club, then out on the town!

5. Any wedding news updates: None

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: Almonds

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: Not well, I'm addicted to Jelly Beans!

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): Great! Drank much more water than usual

9. Weekly wrap up: Is it the weekend yet?
  • kalebsmama07
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost 2 inches, not sure about weight - my scale broke!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I finished up my first class of my Master's Degree

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): A good friend's brother passed away on Sunday.

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Going to a comedy club, then out on the town!

5. Any wedding news updates: None

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: Almonds

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: Not well, I'm addicted to Jelly Beans!

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): Great! Drank much more water than usual

9. Weekly wrap up: Is it the weekend yet?

im sorry for u n ur friends loss of her brother.... =(
  • kalebsmama07
    Options

would love to see a pic of the RING.... =)
  • kalebsmama07
    Options

mmmmmmmhhhhh... jelly beans now i want some...=):tongue:
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 17:
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1lb! (Mostly best I was sick and didn't work out and didn't have an appetite :sick: )

2. Highlight of the past week: My parents came to visit for the weekend. It was the first time they have seen me since my MFP journey began, and they thought FH and I looked great!

3. Lowlight of the past week: FH got bronchitis. He is on 3 medications and getting better. I have been really sick too. I missed 3 days of work and I have been sleeping a ton! I hope to be able to breathe enough to be back at the gym tomorrow.

4. What are you doing for a bachelorette party: Not quite sure. Evening out with the girls.

5. Any wedding news updates: Ordered my invitations this weekend! :smile:

6. What do you eat for an afternoon snack: Cheese stick, protein bar, and/or fruit

7. How did you handle the Easter holiday: Ate a big mid-afternoon meal, but had snacks instead of lunch and dinner, so I think it evened out.

8. How did you do with the week 16 challenge (Drinking water): Being sick I have been drinking lots of water, even if I wasn't recording it.

9. Weekly wrap up: Hope I can kick this nasty bug. I want to breathe normally and be able to run again!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    tryed on my dress yesterday..and im way nervous about how my dress looks n feel....i feel its way to short now...lol and my shoes r too high...what do u all thing could use some opnions n support...i love the dress...but i guess its just cuz i havent wore a dress in 7 yrs since prom that i dont feel rite in it...=) menshoes.jpg
    menshoes2.jpg....im really thinking its just cuz i havent wore a dress in yrs to anything that i feeling this way...=)
  • Bditbobcat
    Options
    @kalebsmama07: You look great!!!! I definitely don't think it is too short. You totally rock that look by the way. Are you wearing your hair up or down? Jewelry?
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    @kalebsmama07: You look great!!!! I definitely don't think it is too short. You totally rock that look by the way. Are you wearing your hair up or down? Jewelry?

thanks...as i was alittle unsure of the shortness and heels....no idea with the hair any suggestions....???? and jewelery all set i have a rhinestone on my shoe that im matching for jewelery as i hear shoes should match jewelery...so its white gold im goin with and diamonds...=) and just curiouse stupid question but what type of underwear should i wear ??????cuz never do i wear a dress
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    kalebsmama- your dress is LOVELY! And I agree that it's not too short- you rock it!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    any suggestions for my hair to go with my dress on my wedding day???????????.....see above pic...(sorry for the large pics)......would like to leave down or half up i feel like my shoulders are to bare....i fu have any suggestions could u send me a private message with some pics please im dayz away from my wedding still not sure of a hair do......HELP LADIES...