Refocus 4/25/11

Options
It seems a few of my friends are in a funk this week and I am too due to stress SO I have decided that Monday 4/25/11 will be a refocus day. If you want to join me, just jot your goals and plan down for the week and we'll keep each other accountable. Here are mine:

Diet
No crap eating on the weekends (stay at/under net calories)
Record everything in diary BEFORE consuming it (i.e. plan ahead and actually eat what is in your polka-dot lunch box!)
Eat 100+ g of protein a day
Drink 120 oz. a day of water

Exercise
Monday- 4:30 am P90X strength training @ gym
Tuesday- Speedwork or Tempo run (alternated each week)
Wednesday- 5:15 am spinning @ gym
Thursday- 4:30 am P90X strength training @ gym; pm Easy Run (~ 4 miles)
Friday- Rest Day
Saturday- Long Run
Sunday- 11 am Yoga @ gym <--this is the one I need help with!!!

Continue the Lunch-Walks on Mon, Wed, and Fri
Total Mileage: 25-35 miles

I also wrote a more elaborate blog about this here (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/refocus-and-breathe-95268)

Good luck, friends!

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump... great idea to help anyone restart and get goal oriented again
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOOVE this idea.. Easter Candy is the devil!! lol
  • missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday on Saturday so everyone and their moms have wanted to feed me this week so I haven't had a moment to workout and have been eating horribly all week so I will need this like crazy on Monday!

I just want to go back to running at least three days a week. Some sort of weights workout at least three times a week as well.
    Not eating any candy/cake and staying with my home cooked meals instead of eating out everyday for lunch and dinner!

I was doing great before this week I just need to get right back to how I started once everyone stops feeding me!
  • gomezdowns
    gomezdowns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! I have family coming for the weekend so I know there will be calories wasted on too many glasses of wine. I love the vino. So my plan will be to log everything in before I consume it, like you. Also, keep up my 30 day shred level 1 and add to it 30 minutes of walking uphill at 3.5. I would be taking Saturday as my day of rest because of so many events going on, but I promise to still do strength training when I get up. Also I will add more veggies in my meals this week! Looking forward to seeing how well we all do! Good luck!
  • reneegetshealthy
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It reminded me of how important it is to WRITE DOWN my goals. I have them but never journal or write them down. I have lost 60+ lbs but have 20 to goal and have just been maintaining since Nov. I have stepped up my exercise routine and am eating healthy regularly. Last night I ate off my normal plan but stayed within my calories. I appreciate you taking the time to post this.

My goals:

Fuel my body with healthy options ~ staying in my calories
    Eat within 30 min of waking in the morning
    Eat small portions every 2-3 hours while awake
    BeWare of mindless eating
    No Soda or Alcohol

Drink 1 gallon of water EVERY day not just on work days

Exercise EVERY day ~ even if it is going outside for a walk

MWF Exercise boot camp 630-730 PM
    TTh 2 mile brisk walk at lunch
    Park farther from doors at the store
    Walk instead of driving when things are within 1 mile
    Take the stairs instead of the elevator
    Glider / walker in two min intervals 4 times a day

Love my body

Encourage others along this journey!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I so need to refocus and set new goals for myself. I need to think of some and write them down. :) Thanks for posting this, and good luck!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Of course I will get in on this challenge because I need someone to kick my butt -- and I can kick yours too!
    This will come at a perfect time because this weekend I get my scale back .... Easter I am having a free day. Normally this would result in a free week .... difficulty getting back on the horse. I know I am stronger this time, but this challenge will help me as well.

Diet
    Must meet calorie goals Monday - Friday (Sat I am always over because of rest day, Sunday I am always under d/t long run)
    Must log everything no matter what
    Add daily total to Body Media so this stays on track
    Drink 80oz water daily

Exercise
    Monday- P90X Chest Shoulder Triceps
    Tuesday - 10K run
    Wednesday - Back and Biceps (in the AM)
    Thursday - REST day
    Friday - 4 mile run
    Saturday - Yoga X
    Sunday - 14 mile run

Total mileage for the week: 25miles

:)
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
    You know I have been stuck and in serious need of a change, I am just unsure of what it is!

Here is a rough draft of my goals for next week to try and break past this plateau:

*RUN 1 mile atleast 4 days next week. (I am very new to running, and have had difficulties with headaches so 1mile is a BIG deal for me)
    *30 day shred atleast 4 days next week
    *zig-zag my calories
    *I really want to have the will power to not stand on the scale until Next Friday. (But I know Im going to step on it Monday.. I just dont want to step on it again until Friday)

Please check in with me to make sure I am on it!!! I NEEEED someone yelling at me!!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Great post.

Goals:
    Under calorie goal every day
    At least 30 minutes of exercise every day
    Walk 6 miles next weekend in anticipation of the 10 K the following weekend
    Minimum 10 glasses of water every day.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Good morning yall! I hope all of you made it through the weekend and had a great Easter. My move went well and i finished my run even though it wasnt enjoyable at all. I did end up losing about 3 lbs since last monday, but I'm up 1.3 lbs from my lowest recorded weight on April 1. I'm hoping that that is from water retention since I didnt have any cups for water available during the move.

Food- i will meet all my goals today!!! I did really well all weekend since i was so busy and my food was packed away lol. Moving is an excellent diet...high calorie burn and you MUST plan your eating or it doesnt happen!

Exercise- I did not lift this morning since I was lifting boxes all weekend. Tomorrow will start the normal routine since I should be recovered by then. I'm looking forward to running tomorrow in a brand new route around my new neighborhood!

Weight- 154.3 lbs

Good luck to you all!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    Im here!

Glad your move went well!!!! and I love exploring new running/walking trails in neighborhoods near us. Ours is pretty pathetic, and we usually load the kids up and go to nearby bigger subdivisions and walk with them once a week.

Last week was my first try at zig-zagging my calories, I did bad with it, my 3 HIGH days I netted between 1800-1900 and they were bad foods tho! :embarassed: Pizza, wings with ranch,and entirely too many reeses!! The other 4 days I ate properly and netted 1200-1400 cals, all but one day all I could net was 1000.
    I LOST 2 POUNDS!!! actually it looked like 3 pounds but I rounded down because I have a dial scale, so its not 100% easy to read.

I spent 3.5 weeks weighing 138, and FINALLY I am 135/136 and I fully believe it is because I started eating more, and zig-zagging my cals!!
    So anybody who is having a similar problem, TRY IT!!

As far as my gials for today:
    *I have not decided if I want to keep zigzagging, but I am planning a cheat day for Saturday, so I will try to net between 1200-1400 all week.
    *run a mile tonigh
    *20-30mins elliptical
    *30day shred
    *weight training tonight (I wont log this because I dont do much, just a few reps)
    Good Luck everybody!!!
    240124 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am having a hard time need to motivation?
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great idea and thanks for this! I've been on vacation from work and kind of fell off the wagon. I know when I go back I'll have to deal with a lot so I'll need to be strong and focused.
    -Not let work stress me out or take me away from my goals.
    -Exercise every morning - elliptical or turbo jam
    -Strength train 3 times a week in the evenings
    -Pack amy lunch the night before
    -Get 5 servings of fruits/veggies
    -Drink 8 or more glasses of water
    -Sleep 8 hrs a night
    -Finish all my work by 4:30 so I can spend quality time with my family every evening
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My plan:
    * Portion Control
    * Stay under my calorie goal
    * Stay under my sodium
    * Burn atleast 3500 calories a week if not more
    * Drink nothing but water
    * Drink my water intake goal
    * Limit bad foods
    * NO fast food
    * NO late night eating
    * Eat more fruits & veggies
    * Workout 5-6 days a week

I will be posting more about this on my blog. Anyone that would like to give support and recieve support may add me! :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Great goals, everyone! I'll be checking in with each of you!
  • eringle
    eringle Posts: 12
    Options
    GREAT GREAT GREAT. THis is exactly where I am today. I had been doing just OK, but then totally lost it and gained back the little I had lost. I realize that I have to
    Cut back on carbohydrates (translation: no bread or sugar!)
    Increase protein
    Eat closer to my calorie allotment

I KNOW how to do it, its just so frustrating that I constantly sabatage myself and DONT do what I need to do.
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    This group sounds great! Just what I need:)
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I really like this. While i really struggled last Wednesday and Thursday, Fri-now has been a lot easier for some reason (i think i had my mom to hold me accountable).

I am a firm believer in eat what you want, but in moderation. Weight watchers type of mentality. But I try not to just "eat what I want whenever I want."

Diet:
    Stay under calorie count each day.
    Drink 64 ounces of water at least per day.
    Get 5 serving of fruits and veggies each day.
    On Thursday when i go out to dinner, pick a healthy choice.
    On Saturday at my friends Birthday party, stick to 2 glasses of wine.

Exercise:
    Hit the gym Monday and Friday.
    If it is NOT RAINING at all on Tue, Wed, Thur I WILL go on a 30 min walk at lunch.
    Unfortunately I work Tue and Wed from 8am-11pm so i highly doubt ill get in any cardio.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I need this.

My goals are simple though. I need to get in a minimum of one Brazil Butt lift workout out a day in, no days off this week and try to do the Elliptical at least 5 out of 7 days. So close to goal and need to see changes. After self torturing with too much wine last night, I need to undo the damage and go back to worshiping the body is a temple idea.
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    Awesome post! My goals: do week 3 of insanity as scheduled
    Drink at least 9 cups of water a day
    Meet my daily protein goal
    Finally, LOG everything that goes into my mouth! EVERYTHING
    Back to the grind this week, I want to see a loss come friday:)