Thin and healthy holds me accountable..I love it

Options
Hi i'm Kerry 39 yr old female from Decatur, Alabama.....I have been with myfitnesspal for a while using the food and exercise tracker but pretty new to the community portion. I am married with a 17 almost 18 yr old son and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year. I have been taking the pills and all that but haven't really changed my eating habits until recently. It finally sunk in that diabetes is very dangerous if not taken care of properly and that I need to change my whole way of thinking and eating. I have joined the thin and healthy program at my local gym and have lost 11 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I am not hungry, they don't really call it a diet, they just really show you how to change your eating habits and eat healthy and also customize an exercise regimen specifically for you. This has helped me tremendously. I am feeling better and I am down from 3 pills a day to 1 pill for my diabetes, my blood sugar stays in the normal range and I am so excited. They keep me motivated and hold me accountable and that is what I love. I go from their menu, pick what I am going to eat for the day and I have to write it all down and I have to check in with them 1-3 times a week so they can coach me on how I am doing and if I am doing it right. If anyone else is doing the thin and healthy program, I would love to hear how it is working for you. If you're not a member of thin and healthy you can go to www.thinandhealthy.com and see if you have one locally near you or join online. Lets keep each other motivated.

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudos to you for tackling your diabetes issue and setting a good example for your children!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I was a member of Thin and Healhy until they closed down. I LOVED it though. I really enjoyed learning how to eat the things I loved and still lose weight. Did you purchase their cookbook? If not, I strongly recommend it! I did have good results the six months that I particpated.........I have found my pamphlets and I am trying to get back on it. :)
  • bamakerry
    Options
    I do have the cookbook and it is great....I also love all the supplements...the drinks and shakes are great and the bars really hit the spot when you have that sweet craving. I know you can go to the thin and healthy website and join there if you wanted to do it again that way, but of course there is nothing better than the face to face service. I have seen a few people get a little discouraged because they feel like they are hitting a plateau or gaining a few lbs back but usually it is within the first month and they are working out more and building muscle and probably losing more inches than weight so I try to stay motivated with it.