Running Question

Options
So I am on week 4 of my Couch to 5K. I am waiting on hearing about a job today. My stomach is doing all sorts of cartwheels. Well I want to run today but I am scared it maybe a bad idea with my stomach being all nervous. However running always cures my nerves.

So should I run or not?

Replies

• brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would.....I always feel better after a workout....I say go for it!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I would, start slow, soon you will be in the zone, plus it may help with the nerves. Good luck with the job news!
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    Depends on how bad your belly ache is, and you really are feeling. If you can try start off by walking, if that is good get your run in.
  • kaboyne
    kaboyne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yes! get out there and at least do a little. If you start out and realize you need to turn around you can but at least you will have tried. Most times when you get out there you feel better and more motivated when you get back. Cure those nerves with health! I love to run when I am super stressed and not wanting to. I feel like those are my best runs. Just dont take off like a bat outta **** and get too out of breath too fast. Good luck :)
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lace 'em up. Best of luck with the job.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I would too. It's a GREAT way to relieve stress - isn't that what the problem is?
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes. Run. In my experience when my stomach is upset about something with nervousness, the best way to get it back to normal is to excercise. Not only will it somewhat take your mind off of the subject at hand, but it will make good use of nervous energy. Your stomach isn't upset because of a medical condition. It's all in the head and running gets it out. My 2 cents. Good luck.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Suit up, go out there, and start. If you're really feeling sick, you can always stop and walk. Give yourself a fair chance to get into it, though, like others have said.
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    I would - exercise tends to relieve some stress and a nice run always helps me relax. It's way more likely to help you than hurt you ;) Take it easy at first though if you're stomach is really bothering you and work into a normal pace.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I say RUN...just stay close to a bathroom, just in case
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    run. itll get your mind off of your nerves

good luck with the job!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    run. itll get your mind off of your nerves

good luck with the job!

Plus it's good practice for your first 5k... no matter how many races I do I get nervous and anxious before hand. So think of it as training lol : )
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!

you will feel so much better when you get back.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    run mojo run!!!!! for sure.....
  • mnegretti
    Options
    Just do it - you'll feel better afterwards!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    ha! we were thinking alike!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yep
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    run the nerves off, I went through a pretty stressful period over a week ago when my career was up in the air and working out helped me stay sane during that time.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    My stomach is doing all sorts of cartwheels.

So should I run or not?

I say run, but keep it fun - if your stomach ends up troubling you more than doing cartwheels, be flexible and slow it down or walk longer for the walk interval.

Good luck w/ the job! :flowerforyou:
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys twisted my arm. I am getting ready to run. That and my ex commented on my facebook status, so I am definitely in need of stress relief.

Thank guys