question for heavier women

Options
I started Couch to 5K today.
It felt great.
where on EARTH do you find a supportive sports bra ???? What I have does not do justice and I felt like duct tape would have been a better resolution!!!!!

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I know some women actually opt for 2 bras to help with support. I am smaller chested depsite being a larger woman so normal sports bras always seem to work well for me.

And grats on starting C25K!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    2 bras here. i have a fairly standard cheap target / kmart sports bra with underwire, and on top i wear a crop top type bra with no underwire that is slightly too tight for me. I tell you what, they don't move, i can jog, skip, jump up and down, and there is no jiggling and wobbling and putting me off my rhythm....

and i've never had that kind of support from one bra

when someone on here first suggesed 2 bras i thought "NO WAY, that's crazy" but man, my chest is like a rock with the 2 bras, it barely even bounces, awesome for aerobics and such where you feel like your boobs are going one way while the rest of your body has changed direction.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    enell....but they are sorta pricey. I got mine off of ebay.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    To be honest I was thinking double bra. I have agood sPorts bra but I know it wont cut it. So two it is
  • brockman8742
    Options
    I use two...I like under amour because it has two built in one with the standard bra and then a cross over on top of that, then I just throw on a walmart sports bra to help keep them in place...running and jumping use to be obscene but now its a whole lot better.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    enell....but they are sorta pricey. I got mine off of ebay.

Enell is soooooooooooooo worth it. I did the two bra thing, a sports bra over an underwire. That will work fine up to a 5 k, but if you ever go over that, you must invest in a bra like Enell. Enell lasts longer too, and it sooooooooo much more comfortable. Straps don't fall down. Very little chafing in the summer.

Oh, and have you discovered the chafing yet? Use body glide or good old fashion petroleum jelly, underneath your bra line, and anywhere else your clothes rub.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    And just so you know, I have been running for years, and Enell changed my experience in such a postive way. I have tried everything. There is no comparison to Enell.
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    2 bras for me and I still have a bit of an issue. When I can afford it, I'm going to get an enell bra