Sabotaging myself... Confession please help

Options
Can anyone give me any insight into why I am sabotaging myself? I lost 50 pounds to get to this point. The last 15 or so have come off extremely slowly, but part of that is because I keep having these binging periods where I just go absoutely crazy on the junk food.

For instance, I started a new program the end of March low carb, high protein, and joined the gym. All went well for a couple of weeks and I busted my plateau and lost 5 pounds. That was around April 12th. I haven't lost an ounce since then. I've been to the gym and I've stayed on my program most days, but like today you won't believe what I have eaten.

Breakfast - Cheese Sticks from Sonic
Lunch - Zaxby's Nibbler Meal
4-5 Reese's cups
Sun Chips
Almonds

And right now I'm sitting here fighting the urge to clean out the fridge. I did pretty well yesterday for Easter. I avoided the deserts ate a little of all the other stuff. Even went to the gym and burned 350 calories. I want to lost the weight and most days I'm extremely motivated to do so, but boy on the days I'm not I go crazy on the food. Well, at least if no one reads this I've admitted it to myself.

Starting Weight = 267
CW = 212
Mini Goal = Under 200 by May 29th (dd hs graduation)
GW = 160

Replies

• janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't have any brilliant words of advice ... but you are an inspiration to me because you have lost over 50 pounds. If you got this far, I am certain you can make it the rest of the way. Good luck
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You may be feeling deprived. Try eating a balanced diet and don't expect the weight to come off too quickly. The slower you lose it, the less likely you are to gain it all back.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Find something else to obsess over that will occupy the days you're feeling a little off.
  • barbarian81
    Options
    We are definitely our own worst enemies. I have a motivational board where I read it everyday and do my best to meditate on it during the day. I just repeat to myself that "Nothing will taste as good as thin feels" Good luck
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Is it mostly carbs you crave? sugar? bread?Are you hungry in your stomach? or is it a Empty pit of dis-satisfaction?
    If it physical hunger, you might try upping your fiber or protein for a longer satisfaction. If it's emotional, you might try going for a long walk or pampering yourself with a pedicure, get out, distract yourself, treat yourself, feel your soul.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Try eating 6-8 small type meals every day. This way you always have food in your stomach and you won't binge.

I eat at
    7am - breakfast - 300 calories
    9am - snack - 150 calories
    11am -pre lunch snack - 150 calories
    11:30 - lunch - 300 calories
    1:30 snack - 150 calories
    3:30 snack - 150 calories
    5:30 - pre dinner snack - 150 calories
    7:00 - dinner - 300 calories
    I stay within my calories intake and I'm never hungry. Number may vary depending of what my snack but right now I'm eating 16 -18 hundred a day.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This sounds kinda stupid, but sometimes when i start to feel out of control, i pre-enter my meals into MFP. Then i feel like i have to stick to it, otherwise I'm a commitment breaker, haha. I also crave the bad stuff more when i am too restrictive in my diet. Maybe try something new and exciting? Indian food? homemade sushi? make a meal you would never normally make, it's actually really enjoyable. :D

Chin up, we all have rough patches!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This sounds kinda stupid, but sometimes when i start to feel out of control, i pre-enter my meals into MFP. Then i feel like i have to stick to it, otherwise I'm a commitment breaker, haha. I also crave the bad stuff more when i am too restrictive in my diet. Maybe try something new and exciting? Indian food? homemade sushi? make a meal you would never normally make, it's actually really enjoyable. :D

Chin up, we all have rough patches!

I thought I was the only one who did this!! I pre-enter mine as well too see how many calories I have to work with after I put in the main meals ...

Im not an expert, Ive only been here a week but snacking often helps ..
  • nelsonab
    nelsonab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    After thinking about it, it seems like the days when I don't have a plan are when this happens most. Like it's my ticket to do whatever. This morning I was running late, didn't make my breakfast or lunch and just winged it. I convinced myself other than Subway (which I'm growing tired of) there were no other options, so I just reverted to old habits. It's not the best thing but I had a bowl of fruit loops for supper and that's all I've had.

Back on the plan tomorrow. I also changed my settings to 1.5 pounds a week and upped my calories from the 1200 to 1340 I'm hoping that will give me a little more flexibility for a little while.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    After thinking about it, it seems like the days when I don't have a plan are when this happens most. Like it's my ticket to do whatever. This morning I was running late, didn't make my breakfast or lunch and just winged it. I convinced myself other than Subway (which I'm growing tired of) there were no other options, so I just reverted to old habits. It's not the best thing but I had a bowl of fruit loops for supper and that's all I've had.

Back on the plan tomorrow. I also changed my settings to 1.5 pounds a week and upped my calories from the 1200 to 1340 I'm hoping that will give me a little more flexibility for a little while.

What I find works when I want fast food is I go to the website and pre-plan a meal. That way i know what I can eat and not bust my calories or w/e.
    Also not sure if you have a Jersey Mikes in your area, but they are a great alternative to subway!
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I truly know what you are going through...and I hate it too! My weakness also was when I wouldn't plan, or take the time to pack my meals for the day. I also found that if I didn't have a plan for dinner before I left in the morning, I would give in and eat horrible fast food, and I would always pick the worst things! What I have been doing for the past couple of months that seems to help is that on the weekends, I cook a bunch of meat and veggies. That way, when I come home on the weekdays and I am tired and starving, I have food already prepared, I just have to warm it up in the microwave. Doing this also helps me pack healthy and tasy lunches.

Don't get fustrated and don't give up! You have come so far and you will conquer this problem:smile: