new and nervous

Options
hi im new to the site and new to my seriousness of getting back to healthy. could use all the friends and support i can get.

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    just sent a friend request... don't worry this site is awesome! and I know you can do it :)
  • bexfield
    bexfield Posts: 21
    Options
    welcome! no need to be nervous. you can add me if you like :)
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Don't be nervous I bet you'll do wonderful... especially on this site. There are so many incredible and motivating people. :)
  • lazywriter
    Options
    You can be my friend, but I'm a ball buster and a tough love kinda gal. I did everything cold turkey. I went from eating fast food 3x/week to 1200 cals a day, then boosted it to 1300-1400 a day when I started exercising. I've lost about 9lbs so far in 8 weeks (4 since joining MFP).
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't be nervous this site and all the great people here will make you very comfortable with their honesty, openness, support and motivation and you'll meet some great friends here. Enjoy yourself! This is the beginning of your new adventure.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! =)
  • BeardieDad
    BeardieDad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. If you follow the calorie recommendations you will loose weight as long as there is not some other metabolic condition preventing it. Be careful with the exercise calories its pretty easy to overestimate them and end up eating too many calories.

I got serious again when my doctor told me I had crossed the line to Type 2 Diabetes. In that three weeks I've dropped 8.5 pounds just by following the calorie recommendations and walking the dogs about an hour a day.

Good luck
  • Jenna470
    Jenna470 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! I am brand new as of last Monday! Please feel free to add me. Everyone has been very motivating as they are working towards their personal goals. I wish the best of luck to you!
  • bigmommy2011
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.:bigsmile: We can do this One Day At A Time.God Bless:heart:
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i was nervous at first too, But the people on here are awesome and very supportive. I could not have asked for a better bunch of people!!
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the site! Good luck in your weight loss. Friend request sent. :-)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP it's a great site. Everyone we have met is super supportive. My wife (hootsmamma) and I have both learned how to not diet, but work on our lifestyle here. It really has taught us how to eat properly. feel frre to friend us if you need support. enjoy the site. I still think the folks that created it deserve a Nobel Prize!!!