george foreman = nice breasts

Options
So i just jumped into the 90's and bought my first foreman grill, i always assumed that it was just gimmick, no real reason to buy one, i am a pretty good cook, not sure why i bought this one, but having spent a little money on it, i was damn sure going to use it, so i punched flat a boneless skinless chicken breast, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and away we go, WOW, i squeezed a little fresh lemon on it after cooking and thats it, in about 5 minutes i was amazed, this was great, i am sold on this grill, only problem now is, i have a boatload of swordfish and tuna steaks in my freezer, and i cant wait to try this thing again, i have cooked chicken in every way imagineable, and this was the best chicken breast i ever ate, very juicy, perfectly cooked throughout, seareda golden brown on the outside, and those great grill marks, i gotta get outta here and walk a while or i'll cook everything in the house on this thing, i've had my meat for today now, i'll wait until tommorow and try swordfish on this grill, maybe some zuchini and peppers, i called my mom to ask her if she had heard of these, she says she hasnt cooked a steak on anything else in several years, george, where have you been ?

by the way, its 260 calories for an entire breast , very filling and very delicious

Replies

• DonHawk
    Options
    So i just jumped into the 90's and bought my first foreman grill, i always assumed that it was just gimmick, no real reason to buy one, i am a pretty good cook, not sure why i bought this one, but having spent a little money on it, i was damn sure going to use it, so i punched flat a boneless skinless chicken breast, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and away we go, WOW, i squeezed a little fresh lemon on it after cooking and thats it, in about 5 minutes i was amazed, this was great, i am sold on this grill, only problem now is, i have a boatload of swordfish and tuna steaks in my freezer, and i cant wait to try this thing again, i have cooked chicken in every way imagineable, and this was the best chicken breast i ever ate, very juicy, perfectly cooked throughout, seareda golden brown on the outside, and those great grill marks, i gotta get outta here and walk a while or i'll cook everything in the house on this thing, i've had my meat for today now, i'll wait until tommorow and try swordfish on this grill, maybe some zuchini and peppers, i called my mom to ask her if she had heard of these, she says she hasnt cooked a steak on anything else in several years, george, where have you been ?

by the way, its 260 calories for an entire breast , very filling and very delicious
  • Changes4Life121
    Changes4Life121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, i didnt think they worked that well or were worth the money. I just started working outside the home and getting dinner cooked by 7 when I get home at 5:30 is a bit of a challenge, my two kids are starving at 6 and make it hard to cook. I should ask for ones of the george grills for xmas. thanks for the info!
    angie
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I love mine too I cook burgers,chicken, pork chops even steak on it all the time- its really convienant for when its just me and my girls or even if its just me by myself
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yes they are awesome! I do salmon on mine a lot, I put a bit of maple syrup on it and it is delish! everyone should have one!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a few years and I love it, hamburgers, fish, chicken, and all the fat just runs out. I even warmed up a leftover chicken parmesan sandwhich from The Cheesecake Factory and it turned out like a panini sandwich, was so good. Enjoy yours!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yep we to veggies on it too!!! grilled cheeses...anything we can throw on that thing! it always cooks fast and tastes good!!! awesome subject title on this too haha:laugh:
  • latishacarney07
    Options
    I had a george foreman grill a few months ago and i put a burger on it mind you it was made from lean ground beef(97/3) and that grill drained all the moister out of it, it was very dry and tasteless. In my opinion i dont like the grill.
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love the grill too! My favorite is asparagus on the grill. Drizzle a little olive oil or spray with cooking spray, add some salt and I used garlic powder, and grill it until it gets grill marks. Make sure you eat it when it's still pretty warm, it's not as good once it's cooled. But it is fantastic!

As for the dry burgers...I used to watch Rachel Ray a lot, and when she would make turkey burgers or even chicken burgers, she always added chopped onion to add moisture to it. Just mix it into the burger/turkey/chicken, and it should help it not dry out so much.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    We love our GF grill!

What we've gotten addicted to are grilled sandwiches -- just like a panini, with those yummy grill marks! Not the healthiest thing, but since you choose the ingredients, you can can sub lower-fat cheese, meat, etc. One of the best was leftover roast beef and provolone on sourdough. Smear a little horseradish on it before eating and yum! Try grilled pimento cheese -- messy, but good.

With the grilled sandwiches, as soon as they are done, put them on a wire rack to cool a minute before slicing or serving. This lets the steam escape without making the bread soggy.

latishacarney07 -- I have noticed that using extra-lean ground beef does make dry burgers, since so much of the fat drains off. Try beef with about 5% more fat than you would normally use.

MelsaEstel -- I actually like cold grilled asparagus, especially dipped in ranch dressing!