how to track zumba

Options
im doing zumba on the xbox kinect for a work out and when i search zumba under cardio nothing comes up. how can i track this?

Replies

• mandycox1301
    Options
    I put my Zumba class under Dancing general
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The best way is to use a heart rate monitor, otherwise look for "dance" in the database instead of zumba.
  • Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i wear a heart rate monitor, but recently hasnt been working. I found that my burned calories are closer to the ones of dance with 6-8' steps!!
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i agree with the pp. a HRM is your best bet :)
  • nicegrumpy
    Options
    I use high impact aerobics, because that shows the most calories burned!! My instructor told me you can burn up to 1000 calories in a class!! But the other reply is right the best way is to get a HRM and put in the calories you burned once you have finished your workout!!!
  • nicegrumpy
    Options
    I use high impact aerobics, because that shows the most calories burned!! My instructor told me you can burn up to 1000 calories in a class!! But the other reply is right the best way is to get a HRM and put in the calories you burned once you have finished your workout!!!
  • hsk11270
    hsk11270 Posts: 48
    Options
    You might also try looking under dancing and choosing the one that says "dancing - fast"
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    I log it as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" and I do have a HRM, and the calories are usually pretty close for me.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I do mine under aerobics.