Bottoms up. Dieters!

Options
I got this out of a Health to You magazine and thought I should share it.

Drining a large glass of water before meals may help melt away unwanted pounds and keep them off.
A recent study followed 50 overweight adults on a low- calore diets. Half of the dieters were told to drink 16 ounces of water before breakfast, lunch and dinner. After three months, participants who drank the recommended amount of water before meals has lost an average of about 16 pounds, compared to an average of 11 pounds lost by those who skipped the water. A year later, particpants who continued drining a large glass of water before meals had lost an additional 1.5 pounds, while those who did not adopt the water habbit gained about 2 pounds. Not on a diet? You can still benefit from drinking water since this practice can keep you from overeating or drinking higher-calorie beverages.

Replies

• BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I love it , the more the merrier
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    I will try that starting tomorrow...this will help me get more water daily, anyway!
  • tobrocker
    tobrocker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im going to try that, too! A very simple way to increase the weight loss. :) Thanks for sharing!
  • exercisarah
    Options
    I totally agree! I always drink water before any of my meals out of habit, and I tend to get full a lot faster.