Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stair Master

Lauren882
Lauren882 Posts: 102
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Am I the only one who totally dies on the Stair Master? I'm on it for 5 minutes and I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. I can be on an elliptical for an hour and not breath as hard as that stair machine. Plus, the goobers next me are climbing like it's a freaking jungle gym, like it's not even a work out! Why is it so different for me? I know I'm not THAT out of shape.

:noway:

Replies

• Am I the only one who totally dies on the Stair Master? I'm on it for 5 minutes and I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. I can be on an elliptical for an hour and not breath as hard as that stair machine. Plus, the goobers next me are climbing like it's a freaking jungle gym, like it's not even a work out! Why is it so different for me? I know I'm not THAT out of shape.

:noway:
  • Changes4Life121
    Changes4Life121 Posts: 9 Member
    I was the same way with the eliptical the first time I used it I only did 5 minutes and I couldnt walk right for 3 days!! :laugh: I think your body just has to get used to it. Every machine uses different muscles and until you build those particular ones it will be hard but dont give up! Good Luck!
    angie
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Ya know, I've never in my life used a Stair Master...I might try it tonight at the gym...
  • ladybug0416
    ladybug0416 Posts: 11 Member
    I was like that with the elliptical too!! I started on level 5 and my boyfriend made me stop after a few minutes because my heart rate was already 200. And I could barely breath!! But now I've been doing it for about a week and it's already way easier, I can do 30 minutes and I'm fine! Just keep increasing your time slowly!!
  • kdzmom
    kdzmom Posts: 31 Member
    I, too, had the Eliptical problem. I pushed myself to do 10 minutes the first time I was on it. When I got off my legs were weak, but I had to walk down 3 steps at the gym to get to the exit. I almost fell down them! I know the trainers and other gym members were laughing. :laugh: :laugh: I can do about 45 minutes on a level 5 now if I push it. I have tried the stairmaster, but got frustrated because I wore out more quickly as well, and the calories burned were nothing compared to what I could do on the eliptical. I usually stick to the eliptical now, but when I get bored or hit a plateau, I switch it up for a few days.

Don't give up! It will take time to build up your endurance! You can do it! :drinker:
  • fitsharon
    fitsharon Posts: 137 Member
    I was the same on Stair Master. I was only able to do 5 minutes, then I went for 10 minutes. I just kept adding a few minutes each time and now I can do an hour on the Stair Master. I think you need to build up your endurance!

You can do it!!
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    The Stair Master KILLS ME!

I was thinking I was the only person out there who had this problem, My friend could go on for a hour and she doesn't sweat or anything.

I do agree with the above posters about building up your time, I would go on for 5 mins, then 10, then 15. Then I stopped all together.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.