Help me survive a night out with the girls

Options
I am going out with the girls tonight to a restaurant. We usually go out for Thai, but I think tonight we are going to a Mexican place. I have 700 cals to eat, and I have already done my workout. So, what could I have? Also, its strange, but when I start out with a beer, I eat less in these types of scenarios. Open for suggestions.

Replies

• allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    fajitas no tortillas is my favorite!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    half a taco salad?
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    So, basically, like a Mexican stir fry, huh??? I never thought of that!! Genius! See... I am so glad I asked.... any other suggestions? Would it be horrible if I had 15 or so taco chips w/salsa??
  • allisoncook87
    Options
    I'm grain free so I try not to but I don't think that it's that bad. The joy of salsa is you can have as much as you want. 15 chips is probably good :)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    So, basically, like a Mexican stir fry, huh??? I never thought of that!! Genius! See... I am so glad I asked.... any other suggestions? Would it be horrible if I had 15 or so taco chips w/salsa??

the tortilla chips are my weakness..ugh i loose control! lol
  • allisoncook87
    Options
    not that bad
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I would say stay away from tortillas, I tend to be less hungry when i start with a beer because the carbs are so fulling. I do tend to eat less.
  • SolidGoaled
    Options
    So, if I have one beer with this meal, will it make the meal more fattening? (You know how they say the liver will strap all the food to my *kitten* while it enjoys the beer, type of thing??) Not really, but you know what I'm saying... should I skip the beer?? I usually have a light low carb beer.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

Be careful with this. You might want to check the calorie count for a variety of tortilla chips. For example, that amount from somewhere like Pancheros or Qdoba has way more calories than you would think (we're talking around 500 calories for 4 ounces of chips). As log as you log it (and drink plenty of water to make up for the elevated sodium intake) you should be good! Enjoy!
  • MommyLumpkin
    Options
    IF you plan to drink, go with something like rum and diet coke. 64 calories and you get more bang for your buck.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would be sure to drink lots of water before you eat so that way you fill up faster and not eat so much chips and salsa :)
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    That is a tough one. I would have to say no to the chips unless you know that you will be able to stop yourself after your limit. A salad, chicken or shrimp fajitas would be a better alternative or you could eat dinner at home and then have a beer.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Have a beer, the chicken fajitas with only one tortilla, and a few chips and salsa. You'll be fine.

I'd stay away from margaritas (mucho sugar) and anything fried (chimichangas, taco salad, etc.). Chicken is lower fat / cal than beef, and beef is lower fat / cal than pork (generally).

Have fun!
  • SolidGoaled
    Options
    So, if I have one beer with this meal, will it make the meal more fattening? (You know how they say the liver will strap all the food to my *kitten* while it enjoys the beer, type of thing??) Not really, but you know what I'm saying... should I skip the beer?? I usually have a light low carb beer.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would one beer really make the whole meal extra fattening due to the prioritizing of calories by the liver?
  • mkraemer91
    mkraemer91 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually order chicken fajitas, and have it without the fajitas . Some kind of taco salad without eating the shell would probably be a pretty good choice also. Ohhh or shrimp fajitas? Ah I love chips and salsa, and always have about 10 chips with salsa. If I don't I end up overeating when my meal comes, because I've spent half the time obsessing over how much I want tortilla chips. As far as alcohol... if I'm going out to a bar I usually have malibu rum and diet coke, but that's only when I'm in the mood to drink. I've also experienced that having a beer before my meal makes me feel full when my meal comes! Michelob Ultra isn't all that bad!
  • SolidGoaled
    Options
    Ack - so I ended up netting 1670 total for the day instead of 1350, which is my usual goal. Not bad for a dinner out. Thanks for all the help!
  • adrianzta
    Options
    Ask for cellery to eat with the salsa, instead of chips:)