What are good or low cal chip replacements for dips?

Options
I love dips and you can find some that aren't that bad in calories, but what can you dip aside from chips and the usual veggies that allows you to indulge a bit?

Replies

• Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Special K crackers?
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    I love dips and you can find some that aren't that bad in calories, but what can you dip aside from chips and the usual veggies that allows you to indulge a bit?

Oh man, I'm so excited!! I was just at Costco today and bought a box of Special K Chips. I can't vouch for the taste as I haven't opened them yet, but you can have 30 chips for 110 calories.
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would actually recommend the Tostitos bite-size round chips. They're a good portion, 24 of them for only 140 calories!!
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    I love veggie chips. 38 of them is a serving and i think it's only like 130 cals im not sure. They taste like munchos to me
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    You can take a pita pocket and slice it in half (split the pocket) then cut into 8 triangles..spray with pam and top with spices (I like to make them with either oregano or cinnamon) and bake until crisps (I bake on 350 about 8-10 minutes). They turn out to be like tortilla chips...
  • aangrisani
    Options
    Gensoy potato bakes, dont remember cals. Or the Snack Factory pretzel thins, 11 for like 140 cals or less.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Fresh squash cut into 3/16 inch slices, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, Baby bell peppers, mushrooms, Blue Diamond nut and rice crackers. 130cals for 18 crackers and they're gluten free. Artichoke leaves, celery,
  • aangrisani
    Options
    You can take a pita pocket and slice it in half (split the pocket) then cut into 8 triangles..spray with pam and top with spices (I like to make them with either oregano or cinnamon) and bake until crisps (I bake on 350 about 8-10 minutes). They turn out to be like tortilla chips...

Great idea, thanks! Pita has become my new addiction with hummus!
  • danielsmommy10
    Options
    i dip chex mix in mustard!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pop chips 100 calorie bags!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love rice crackers - they are thin and have a great crunch. I also was getting these amazing brown rice chips from Costco that were 35 chips for 110 calories. They were SO GOOD, but they aren't carrying them anymore and have not found them anywhere!!
  • Bjornulf
    Bjornulf Posts: 29
    Options
    OK, so this was a given in your question, but veggies are a WONDERFUL chip replacement. I have recently replaced things like crackers and chips with cucumber or zucchini slices. You still get that crunch, but they are much healthier. They add a great flavor blast to what ever you are dipping them into.
  • Michy88
    Michy88 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ahh special k cracker chips are uber yummy especially the sour cream and onion ones :) You get to enjoy a good portion of them without feeling guilty about eating them afterwards. They taste just like regular potato chips and sometimes it's hard to believe they're healthy.

Happy Snacking!
  • lstrongoli
    Options
    If you like corn tortilla chips, I cut them into triangles and Broil them in the oven till they are crispy flipping them as soon as they start to curl and take them out once they start to brown, cool and DIP! :happy: