Over 100+ to lose?

Options
I'm looking for people like me with over 100 lbs to lose. Our journey will be long ahd hard but I think it would be great to have friends who are sharing in the same battle and in the same successes. I know it helps me to hear about others success, that inspires me. I also know the agony and pain of falling off track and I know hearing that little pep talk can open the door for the inspiration to spread back through. Anyone else out there with the same journey a head of them? Come talk to me.
Patty

Replies

• Sweetmurry
    Sweetmurry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yup, same boat... and face challenges that others that are small do not... like not being able to just go exercise but having to plan your day.. etc
  • Kay2Phat
    Kay2Phat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty, the journey will be long but we can do it! I need to lose 120 pounds . . . just the thought of it. I know the pain you are going through sometimes I push myself through pain but then I understand that the reason there is pain is because of the weight I am now. So the long term goal will benefit you and me mentally and physically!
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    I have lost 98 pounds and my wife has lost 45. I am saying that if I can do it...you can too. Good luck to you and remember it is not a diet it is a lifestyle change.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have 182lbs to lose, so I totally know what you're talking about! Feel free to friend me if you'd like! And anyone else who'd like too!
  • 22silvia
    22silvia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on that boat, it's hard but my mind is set up to it. I don't want to fail this time!
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well ! i have about 100lbs to lose and the journey is best with a group of ppl who truly understand !!! :drinker:
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, I had 102 lbs to lose. I'm halfway there, so still need motivation. I tell myself 'yeah, you look great but you're still a fat person'. LOL!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm here every day!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have around 93 more to lose but have lost 40 so far. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have over 100 to lose. I have 180+ to lose. We can do this and we can do it together. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will be around for a long time as I have a lot to lose.
  • GranP
    GranP Posts: 38
    Options
    WOW! So many responses! You are all awesome. I think we have some dedicated people here and am glad I've started meeting them. Please share tips and what motivates you, I love reading about empowerment!
    I belong to my local Y and have set a goal to work towards becoming a volunteer in the fitness area. That is one of the things that motivate me.
    Patty:flowerforyou:
  • simplysweetsasha
    simplysweetsasha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had over 100 to lose, I've lost 71 so far with about 30ish more to go. I'd welcome any new friends! :)
  • marshanne
    marshanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have to lose 100 pounds too! Its gonna be hard but it will be worth it when we reach our goal! I will be your friend, we can encourage each other along the way.
  • ancook02
    ancook02 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have about 167lbs to lose. I weigh 287 now and would like to weigh 120 in the end. I know I have a long long long LONG way to go. But I know I can do it.

Always looking for friends to inspire me and who I can inspire as well. :)
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I also have over 100 lbs to go. Not sure exactly how much as I'm just going to see where my weight reduction journey takes me. It's ALL good as long as it's down!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it.....I started out with needing to lose 120.....after losing 94, I know I can do it.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yeah i go a ways to go
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    I wish all of you the best. I started in September. I am down 95lbs. I would like to lose 32 more. When I reach that I will probably push myself to lose 5 more. That will be a grand total of anywhere between 127lbs and 132lbs. You have to be dedicated. Find a workout you like. I have a cheap exercise bike that I use 30 min in the morning and evening. I set my net caloric intake for 1300 a day and I usually aim to be under that. For instance today I have taken in 1500 calories through breakfast and lunch but I will not eat any more significant meals today. I will burn usually 700 calories a day. If anything I might have a small snack later. Make sure you have a decent size breakfast and lunch. Skip snacking. However enjoy the weekends to a degree. Have that nice dinner. Have some wine or beer. Have some dessert. Just remember to cut back on breakfast and/or lunch. It is a lifestyle change. You can't expect to lose if you cut loose every weekend. And if you have either an Iphone or Blackberry, download the app. At any restaurant, immediately input what you are ordering. I always tried to overestimate portion size. Also download apps that have the calorie counts at fast food restaurants. It will scare the daylights out of you when you go for the baconater burger with fries. Think of all of the extra exercise you will have to do to burn it off. Don't deprive yourself but that thought once you get into a routine will help you avoid the junk food. Trust me.
  • nefertirie
    Options
    well. i am in the over 100+ to lose too...started the year at 368 at 338-340ish at moment.. trying to lose this weight sucks....exspeally (sorry for spelling) with my pcos.. it doesnt like me losing weight but i am getting there. trying to get down to 325 by June 1st..and then 300 by oct of this year...gonna try for 250 by may 2012...its a uphill battle but with surport i think///// i know i can do it...
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    I started off with 112+. I've lost 34, so I still have quite a way to go. I slip up, a lot, and it is such a struggle every day. But we can do this! Seeing other MFP-ers on here who have lost that much and more is so inspiring. I am learning so much every single day. Feel free to add me if you want to!
  • gmaanneliese
    gmaanneliese Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 200 to lose. I'm almost half way there.