Gained Weight After Easter

Options
I am so upset with myself about gaining 4lbs back. I was doing really good until Saturday hit and then Sunday. We were filling easter eggs for an easter egg hunt and of course the candy was right there so I ate some and some turned into alot. Then Easter came and I ate at two different Easters. Both with ham and both with corn and sweet potatoes. I really should of sticked with my journey and told myself no. Oh did I metion that also it was my son's 4th Birthday? Yep. So I am now getting back to this journey and am trying to get over that fact that I Gained 4lbs. :(

Replies

• mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Don't worry, there is no way that you actually gained 4 lbs over night. If you get right back on the band wagon that number should melt away. You will feel better again!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    hahaha...sorry to laugh, but I gained 3lbs too!! I feel really silly with myself, should have just carried on being good, but you know whatsometimes its good to be bad!! So today is a new day, just start a fresh!

Good Luck!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I was good for Easter and seen a 5 lb increase on the scale Monday. Sodium from the Ham maybe it is off today. I drank Lake Erie in water though yesterday :) don't worry it will come off.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Not fair that it seems to go quicker then it comes off. But you've lost it before you can do it again.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ha ha...I think I gained back 2 pounds, but I am working hard to get it back off again. Good luck and stay strong.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Scale says I gained 4 lbs as well. But I'm sure it'll come right off for both of us, it's just temporary weight my friend.
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I gained weight this past weekend, too! I am not upset about it because I knew what I was doing and I know one slip up is not going to erase all this hard work I put in. I think sometimes our bodies may need a break. Just pick up where you left off and don't look back :)
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    dont worry i have also gained about 4lbs we went camping at the weekend and had bbqs and larger and easter egg and crips... oh god... but then didn't everyone eat too much this weekend even slim people... so we cant be perfect all the time just because we need to lose weight... just get back on the band wagon asap and you will be fine x
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It is likely water weight, for the most part. You would have had to consume over twelve thousand EXTRA calories (i.e. not including the usual amount of calories you eat every day) over those two days to have gained 4 lbs of fat.

I felt badly Sunday night because I didn't follow my diet all weekend and only did about an hour of exercise (I usually do 5 or 6 hours total on weekends), but I know it's not possible that I gained any significant amount of weight. I got back on the horse yesterday, and the best part was that I felt much stronger and more energetic during my workout after taking a couple of days off. Some experts also believe that taking a couple of days every now and then to "re-feed" your body with things you don't normally eat can recharge your metabolism.

In short, don't beat yourself up about this. Get back on track right now, and forget about it.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water and that will make a big difference. If you're really eager to detox your body you could eat raw food for a day. I gained 3 lbs too, so you're not the only one. I'm just going to be on point this week, drink myself silly with water and see what next week brings. Don't let it stress you out!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Up 3 lbs after Easter.
  • bayoucitygirl
    bayoucitygirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I gained a couple pounds as well -- but I look at it this way, it was a weekend for celebrating and I shouldn't get boggled down by that. So I shrug it off and went back to eating normally today :)
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no worries. First of all, you're in a pretty crowded boat, I'm sure... I know I'm in that same boat with you, anyway. Secondly, it happens... just because you are on a weight loss journey doesn't mean you have to give up life. You are allowed to have holidays and celebrations too. What's important is that you just don't allow it to derail you (that was always my problem... one or two days of excess would lead to shame and frustration with myself which would lead me to totally derail and disappear from MFP for a month). Just put yourself right back on track and you'll see it wasn't a big deal. And also remember that stressing over it will only elevate your cortisone levels, leading to further weight. So, hit the gym, eat well, and I hope you had a GREAT Easter!! :flowerforyou:
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow I saw a 3l.6 lb increase thought wow that was horrible i can't believe this now i feel somewhat better thanks for posting
    pat
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I am up 4lbs as well. Honey--- this is sodium!!!!....don't worry. Drink lots of water, stay away from sodium and get back to your routine. It should be off by the end of the week. At least, that's what I am counting on for myself:)) Good luck!!
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had logged my first .5 lb loss in forever on Friday AM. Monday AM had gained 4lbs. Gggrrrr......
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it only only temporary; don't fret! A lot of it is probably sodium, so that will just melt away...water it up! Good luck!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It really helps. I am back on the wagon again and I am going to drink lots of yucky water with a little bit of lemon maybe. THANKS.:smile:
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had a double whammy...Easter and TOM so I gained 4 Ibs also.
  • prissylaine
    Options
    I gained 4lbs as well and I did not touch one Reeses peanut butter egg. I'm so bummed!