I've lost 9lbs and don't notice anything

Options
2»

Replies

• oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is like unravelling a toilet paper roll. If you start off full and fluffy, then taking off a few sheets isn't going to diminish the roll much. Once you get closer to the middle of the roll, taking off 5-6 sheets will show up a bit more. Then when you get close to the cardboard tube, every sheet seems to make a noticeable difference.

You're losing weight all over your body and likely in places where you didn't even realize fat was being stored (internal organs, wrists, neck, ankles, fingers) so you're going to lose a little bit here and there until the only fat stores left are the ones you really want to get at. When you get to that point you will change so fast it'll blow your mind.

It'll take a while, especially if you're one of those double or triple rolls... but it'll happen if you're patient and stick it out.

Good post!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is like unravelling a toilet paper roll. If you start off full and fluffy, then taking off a few sheets isn't going to diminish the roll much. Once you get closer to the middle of the roll, taking off 5-6 sheets will show up a bit more. Then when you get close to the cardboard tube, every sheet seems to make a noticeable difference.

You're losing weight all over your body and likely in places where you didn't even realize fat was being stored (internal organs, wrists, neck, ankles, fingers) so you're going to lose a little bit here and there until the only fat stores left are the ones you really want to get at. When you get to that point you will change so fast it'll blow your mind.

It'll take a while, especially if you're one of those double or triple rolls... but it'll happen if you're patient and stick it out.

Lol, thanks for the analogy, I needed that!
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    when i lost about 10-12 lbs, thats when people started noticing and I got all the "did you lose weight?" "omg how much weight did you lose?" comments. just keep going! :)
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started off at 217 and am down to 188lbs and STILL to this day no one has noticed any difference in me. Probably because I have so much to lose to begin with? I saw a friend at the weekend who I haven't seen since the start of my weightloss program and she didn't notice a thing. Personally I am feeling great though and will keep on with this until everyone notices!! lol
  • tiffanybowers
    tiffanybowers Posts: 13 Member
    Options

LOVE THIS!!!!! What a great analogy! Thanks for sharing! :bigsmile:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that has to lose a LOT of weight before i see a big difference. Like over 20lbs I think i am so fine boned and i also hide the weight really well- and so i'm guessing i'll have to be the lower side of my BMI to be at a weight i feel thin ... I was so disappointed this time last year after losing around 35lbs- i only got down to a size 12 and i was low 150's and i started at a 16... which is really only a few sizes. People noticed about the 20 lb mark but considering how much i fight t lose 5 pounds.. it takes awhile! I have really worked on losing it for me and not the recognition of others but its hard!
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    pictures is the only way i was able to notice a difference! that and needing a belt :wink:
  • buckeywc
    buckeywc Posts: 1
    Options
    i like to think of ot in terms of percent. i weigh 205 and if i loose 5 pounds its a small percentage. but for those that only weigh like 120 or 130 if they loose 5 pounds its a much bigger percentage and is more noticable. great job on the 9 pounds maybee in the next 9 you will see a diffarence. im still waiting to see mine
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    It takes me 20 lbs to drop a size in clothes. Your body is probably still readjusting. Don't give up!
    it suxs. i'm the same.. i gotta drop 20 to lose a size!