Any mid 20s out there?

Options
Hey all!

I am searching for motivation from other mid 20s MFPals that are struggling with getting healthy. Not that I don't love my current friends, you are all amazing! I just think that although age truly doesn't matter that hearing stories and tips from others who are around my age (24) I will gain the motivation I have been lagging for a few days! I feel like we truly are a generation that is struggling to keep healthy with our society. How do you all do it?!

I am 24 years old, happily married, and live in Austin, TX! I look forward to hearing from ya'll! :smile:

Any advice and support are appreciated as we are all on the same journey to taking our health back!!!

Replies

• Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Momcharisma88/view/woke-up-to-an-nsv-that-made-me-cry-95809

There is my story and where i've come from. I'm almost 23 :) Feel free to add me if youd like. You've got this. Dont ever tell yourself otherwise.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    :O Oh nice!! I'm 22 from Austin, TX!

I'm not sure if it gets any better than that :) Defiantly adding you.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    26 from WV
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    26 from WV
  • foraMEthatiLOVE
    Options
    I'm 30...but I'll be glad to offer support if you need some! ;)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    27, married, with a toddler!! Feel free to add me, although I think I'm considered upper 20s now :( waaahhhhh. lol... Good luck on your journey!
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    I am up for more friends! And I still count as mid twenties...right? I'm 27.
  • misslou85
    Options
    Hey!

I'm 25 from England :)

Since starting my mission to get fit and healthy and loose weight I have managed to dooms but I must say its slowed down a lot, to be honest i really don't think any more is coming off... and I do struggle BUT we can help each other out and hey, its not meant to be easy is it?

It's a whole lifestyle change and thats what i keep reminding myself, keep pushing on and eventually it will come off even if it does take some time.

My little story is that last year I was away and basically wasn't looking after my body eating rubbish the whole time and i came home to find i was huge! It affected my confidence big time and enough was enough! I've always had a weight problem but i don't think i'd ever got that big....

So here I am, slowly but surely getting fitter every week :)

If any one needs a little help, push then feel free to add me like wise im sure if im struggling you guys will give me a kick up the bum!!! lol xxxxxx
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me! I've been doing this for about 13 weeks and like to post on the message boards. I've found so much support here!

And I'll be 24 a week from today!
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    24 here! Oh my is that considered mid 20s?! Oh well feel free to add!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'll be 22 in less than two weeks. Not really mid-twenties, but close enough, right? :p Feel free to add me, anyone! :)
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    25 married been at this since December always been big but down 78 so far feel free to add :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    23 checkin in. almost mid 20s
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as all of us I guess. Though I think I'm finding it easier to lose this weight than some other people on the boards. I guess it's true that it is easier to lose weight when you are younger - and hopefully make the changes that will keep it off for a lifetime! Oh, and I'm 23.
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    WOW!!!! Thank you all for you responses!!! I can't believe what an amazing community we have here! I look forward to getting to know all of you and will check in throughout the day :smile:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

23 and single! 36 lbs left to lose!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 back on here after almost a year break. I started out at 180 last summer (had a baby in 09), got down to 166, got pregnant with TWINS, just had them (April 5th), and am down to 167. I need to get down to the 140's but would gladly love to even see the 150's! lol My exercise is chasing my toddler and newborns. Hahaha
  • HMHUBBS
    HMHUBBS Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm 26. When I was in my early 20's I quit drinking soda and lost 20 pounds. This time around it's ALOT harder. I've been kicking my butt with the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD for 5 weeks now and eating super healthy. The pounds just aren't coming off like I hoped they would. My goal is to lose 15 pounds and get toned. What is everyone else doing to lose weight?
  • hnwebb82
    hnwebb82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, not mid twentys, but also in the Austin area.
  • iowagirl09
    Options
    I'm 24. When did that happen? Anyways...I'd be glad to have someone my age for support.