Thunder thighs!

Options
Any other ladies here with big thighs? Even when I was thinner I still had pretty thick thighs. I will never have skinny legs like models do no matter what and I look ridiculous in skinny jeans. Currently my thighs are 23" inches around (if you measure right next to your crotch around the thigh) which is pretty crazy since most of my friends have tiny, tiny thighs. :(

Sighhh, I wish I could wear skinny jeans! Anyone else feel my pain?

Replies

• ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    yes, I have pretty big thighs and a huge butt! It's in my family. My mom's side of the family has big thighs and big butts. So, I think I am stuck with them lol.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have larger thighs too! But I say screw it and I wear my skinny jeans! I also have a belly still right now. One of the last things to leave my body! There is no way to hide it. So I am embracing my body and wear what I feel comfortable in!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 25" and they don't budge but I can wear skinny jeans!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    thunder thighs here! Running has helped them slim down a bit
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I've always thought I had big thighs. I had to go check my measurements because it's been a while. Mine are 22.5". I still rock the skinny jeans and I look good in them :) I was afraid at first, but sucked it up and bought some. The first time I wore them, my husband was like "Daaaaang!" So rock them if you want to!
  • FrozenHell
    FrozenHell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the Skinny jeans! The weren't that great in the 80's and they aren't that great now. Your legs shouldn't be the same thickness from the ankle to the hip! Be proud that you have curves and not the body of a 12 yr old boy!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    me too...the thighs, butt, and my knees are wide. always wanted those straight legs ever since high school. Now I'm 65 and ....well...you know I'm just me the way I am.
  • mrchantele123
    Options
    Yeah I'm actually not overweight any more, but the bottoms of my legs are really skinny and then my thighs are massive. Like it looks ridiculous when I'm wearing a short dress or shorts for summer, my legs look beautifully thin all the way up, then I raise my arms and all of a sudden my legs become ridiculously fat because of my stupid thighs.

Not only does am I upset because it's fat, but I'm more annoyed because I've lost the weight off every other part of my body. Is there like... no way I'll ever have thin thighs?
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 25" and they don't budge but I can wear skinny jeans!

I wish my thighs were 25" :(

trade ya?
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    24" - they're going to be the last thing to go (first to come on). I don't remember a time when my inner thighs didn't touch. Oh well... better lose more weight I suppose!
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sorry to break it to you, but 23 inches are not big thighs! hehe. I'm working towards that size. 3 more inches to go :sad:
  • katieandlilly
    katieandlilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My thighs are huge, and my tummy is flat so it's hard to find jeans that don't look silly.

I wear a lot of cargo and yoga pants! No skinny jeans, here!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am one of those girls with big ol' thighs. I hate it. I can't seem to get rid of them. I hate it!!!! :grumble:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have always had large muscular legs, no matter how thin I got. So - I just keep then looking firm. Personally, I think shapely legs look much better than walking on sticks. I wear leggings and seem to do just fine, however - never been able to get a pair of skinny jeans over my calves ;-).
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I guess 23" isn't really crazy large, but like another poster said I don't ever recall a time when my thighs didn't touch together. Oh well! I'm def going to try running to tone/shape myself. :) I don't expect to ever have stick skinny legs (not that I really want that), but more like runner's toned legs. :)
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I really do feel your pain. I have thunder thighs too and to make things worse I have small feet only 220mm long or should that be short so I cannot even balance them out.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have just decided to embrace the fact that I always have been a pear, and always will be a pear. Skinny jeans will never look good, no matter how much weight I lose, and my thighs will always rub together. That's just how it is. So, I dress to my type, try to eat healthy and exercise, and try to make the best of it. I also try to look on the bright side--apparently having a pear shape is healthier than an apple shape.
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    26" here. i remember the days of 19" thighs
    one of these days (soon) i will say goodbye to thunder thighs!!
  • new_Kendra
    Options
    Maybe I'm just oblivious to the fact that SKINNY jeans are for SKINNY people, but I always wore them and never thought anything of it. :ohwell: I am a size 18/20. I like them because I can wear my tall boots over them. I always felt like I looked hot in them :laugh:
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hate my thunder thighs! :sad: But I have managed to lose 1 inch and just started the Couch to 5k program in hopes of toning up my legs and maybe losing some more inches. The worst part is, I have to buy pants to fit around my thighs, and then they end up being HUGE around the waist. I would love to have pants that fit me the right way!