Vegetarian journey

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Mitzi and as of today I am on the second day of becoming a vegetarian. I decided this lifestyle because of weight, stress, and other health issues. I don't know if this will be right for me BUT I have wanted to do this for a very long time so I truly believe it can be a part of my lifestyle. I was a fitness instructor for over 18 years and fell off the band wagon after my son was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 2. While I then became a stay at home mom and food became a comfort for all of the sadness I was feeling. Today my son is 10 thriving in the world and I can't get back on track as far as the weight goes. I love to work out but I am not even close to burning what I was eating. So here I am ready to do the work and get back to me :)!

Replies

• StefBeeney
    Options
    You will do great!
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm always especially happy to welcome fellow veggies! Good luck on your journey! There may not be a lot of vegetarians on MFP (at least it doesn't seem like it), but folks seem pretty supportive of you no matter your dietary preferences.
  • mmelaragno
    mmelaragno Posts: 162
    Options
    I too think you will do great! So glad to hear you and your son are doing great! My nephew is also autistic and I know how difficult it was for his parents, but they too are now doing fantastic!
  • Marzipan91
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a big step. I was veggie for close to 3 years and now I'm trying become vegan. If you want some awesome resources, hit me up!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for about 5 years. The only reason I stopped was because I got a new job that provided free food... since I was under so much stress at the time I decided "screw it, I'll eat what I'm served." I enjoyed being vegetarian, and felt healthier since I was paying more attention to what was going into my mouth, as well as ensuring I had enough of the vitamins and proteins that meats provide. I did occasionally still eat seafood, but not regularly..

Anyhow, GOOD LUCK & don't let all those carnivores get ya down :)
  • urbanhomesteader
    Options
    I made a slow journey into vegetarianism & there is no going back for me. I've never felt better. :) And if you ever want to exchange veggie recipes, drop me a line.
  • bea87
    bea87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yay! excited that you have taken that road! being a vegetarian is great, You will find that, if done the right way, you will have a lot more energy. I took a pledge with peta at the beginning of the year not eat meat or any sort of animal products for 30 days, it was though but I def felt accomplished:D am now a Pescetarian, and I love it:D

Good luck in your journey!:D
    xoxo