Bar code scanner on phone app!

Options
2»

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I LOVE it but you have to double check that it's finding the right item and the nutritional stuff is right. It's been wrong a couple times for me.

I will watch for that... thanks for the heads up!

This is true one time it scanned Jack Daniles as Jack Daniels BBQ sauce! (I know I shouldn't have either one!!) I also find it interesting that it will read a generic brand as a Trader Joe's or other name Brand with all the right nutritional info. Reinforces that often you are just paying for the name and the packaging, the content is the same!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have the Droid Incerdible and I love the idea of the scanner but it seldom works. Kind of irritating.
  • hwngirl09
    Options
    I just used it for the first time. Most awesome thing EVER!!! Though, what came up from the barcode is not what the label says. And it's not that it's split up in servings because one pouch=one serving. So, not sure what that's all about.
  • afyfe1999
    afyfe1999 Posts: 16
    Options
    It's not on iPhone yet, but it is SUPPOSEDLY coming soon. We'll see....
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Thanks! I have it but had no idea! I'll love this. :smile:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I love the scanner...when it works. Most of the time it either can't find what I am scanning or will come up with something totally different, e.g. I scanned breakfast sausage and MFP told me it was Brown Cow yogurt. Um, not even close!

Bottom line: look carefully at what it tells you was scanned!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - this IS slick. I had never noticed that little bar-code symbol before. Works like a dream. (Android)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It works wonderfully on my Samsung Fascinate (an android phone) I love it.
  • Cathy_5011
    Options
    It's not on iPhone yet, but it is SUPPOSEDLY coming soon. We'll see....

yeaa!!!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I had the capacity for scanning on my Atrix but had never used it. I read the post here yesterday and went home and used it for my evening meal. I saw a recipe here at MFP for pita pizza and went and bought all the ingredients and scanned them in. It worked perfectly. Love it!
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I tried using it last night on a box of wheat thins and it just wouldn't work. I'm tempted to go try it on something right now to see if it decides to work.
  • lesrod82
    lesrod82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love it!! It's one of the features that prompted me to start using MFP. It's a great feature!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Holy cow. I had no idea about that. I had to go check my phone (Android). I can't wait to try it out now.