Dannon Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    HoopFire5602,

Not saying it's bad per se. Just saying it's not REALLY Greek yogurt. It's really not. If it works for you, eat it. And remember, it can work in your daily cals on MFP but it's better to stick to REAL Greek yogurt to see the benefits. I think fake yogurt does more harm than good. I try to stick to Organic yogurt with out all the additives. To take a healthy product (Greek yogurt can be used in the place of sour cream when you cook) and make it unhealthy with that much sugar is just wrong.

Is the Oikos organic? I absolutley hated the taste of it. I'm kind of limited when it comes to yogurt, being in the backwoods of MS and all. I pretty much just get what I can.

As for being in the backwoods, I understand. I grew up 1/2 hour to the grocery store and 7 towns went to my school. Although I'm in the city now, I don't think being in the country matters any more. Even Walmart has good yogurt choices and is the largest organic food distributor in the US!!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I like the yoplait greek in my smoothies....
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    HoopFire5602,

Not saying it's bad per se. Just saying it's not REALLY Greek yogurt. It's really not. If it works for you, eat it. And remember, it can work in your daily cals on MFP but it's better to stick to REAL Greek yogurt to see the benefits. I think fake yogurt does more harm than good. I try to stick to Organic yogurt with out all the additives. To take a healthy product (Greek yogurt can be used in the place of sour cream when you cook) and make it unhealthy with that much sugar is just wrong.

Is the Oikos organic? I absolutley hated the taste of it. I'm kind of limited when it comes to yogurt, being in the backwoods of MS and all. I pretty much just get what I can.

As for being in the backwoods, I understand. I grew up 1/2 hour to the grocery store and 7 towns went to my school. Although I'm in the city now, I don't think being in the country matters any more. Even Walmart has good yogurt choices and is the largest organic food distributor in the US!!

lol that's how far I am from everything. Our walmart is....dismal to say the least. I only started using the Dannon yogurt because of the e-mealz plan I am on...it was used as a substitute for sour cream. I tried the Oikos when they were out of Dannon, and I hated it. Now they don't even carry it anymore. I'll have to look and see what else they have there, but I don't hold my hopes up. They don't carry a lot of the stuff I like to eat...I had to do a major diet change when I moved out here. I was vegetarian but this dinky (not even a super) walmart kinda screwed that up.
  • babycaykes80
    Options
    Try Fage, it's awesome! I love the Fage with honey.....so yummy and doesn't make your mouth chalky...eww!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am a Fage and Chobani girl. I read the snackgirl article when she first posted it. I agree with her.
  • ahsweetstuff
    ahsweetstuff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HoopFire5602,

Take a look at these two nutrition facts for Dannon and Fage PLAIN Greek Yogurts:

http://www.dannon.com/pages/rt_ourproducts_greek.html (plain)
    http://www.fageusa.com/products/fage-total-0-percent/# (plain)

*Dannon only has 6g of Sugar compared to the 7g of sugar in Fage..*
    Look at the labels and compare ingredients and other facts before you claim that it is not a REAL greek yogurt ..
    It has plenty of the same health benefits.