HELP!

Options
I have actually been on myfitnesspal for over 7 months and I haven't lost a pound. I am so not motivated and need some help. I need to lose a lot of weight and after seeing pictures of me at Easter it is time for a change. Please post what has helped you lose weight and what keeps you going!

Replies

• journeydeefus
    Options
    Well, I guess my first question is, what seems to be your problem area? Would it be exercise or diet?
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    increase your exercising, and change it up. Not just volleyball. I was stuck for a long time. Increased my calories burned by 20% a week and lowered calories intake by same amount. Tried not to eat my calories burned too. Got to where I wanted to be, but last 2 weeks added 5 lbs from holidays. Here I go again. Good luck with your goals.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you dont have your diary public so it is hard to tell what you need to change. But there are no secrets unfortunately it is just keeping track of your food and exercise. Do not go over your cals and get in exercise. It is hard but the more you do it the easier it gets. Good luck
  • msmonique95
    msmonique95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day and I'm really watching my calorie intake and I watch WHAT I eat. Now a trip to the grocery store takes me like an hour and a half because I'm ready labels on EVERYTHING. I'm eating fresh fruits and vegetables. If I have an off day, I just get back on track the very next day. You really have to be dedicated and want to make a change because this is not a diet, is a new way of living.
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi this site is great but you have to be consistent and use it every single day, and make use of the support on here as much as you can.

I found in the past I would give up very easily if I reduced my calories too quickly so I have been dropping them gradually. I also at first started introducing walking everyday, once I got into the routine of exercising daily I started other things such as kickboxing and I am currently on week 7 of the c25k programme.

I drank a lot of soda i dont drink tea/coffee or alchol anyway so that wasnt an issue but i decided to give up soda at least for a while and drink nothing but water, im sure this has helped with my weightloss.

I have also began working with free weights which I believe is just as important as cardio, you also really need to watch sodium very carefully.

I wish you good luck with you weightloss and dont be too hard on yourself

katy
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Some things that have helped me this 2nd time go around with MFP....this time around I've dedicated myself to be accountable for everything that goes in my mouth...regardless of how bad it may be. Its also helped me to be friends with others who are on the site and are inspirational and/or struggling like me...you can do it! Its about doing it for yourself and having others ...like me...to be there for you! :flowerforyou:
  • alrebecca
    Options
    Hi, I know exactly what how you feel and what you mean. But you have to be honest with yourself all the time about what you eat and what you want to achieve. Trust me, even if i had my wedding on saturday i wouldnt feel motivated, that just comes to say that there are some of us who find no motivation in even important things. But the best motivation we can find, is how we want to look everyday, not just on a special occassion.... sometimes its just not about being lazy, simple as that. Its easy to be lazy or say "tomorrow"... i started yesterday, and its not easy. But I'm trying to stay motivated, just by imagining how i can look one month from now...... its not easy, but its not impossible! and we are here to motivate eachother!
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    I didn't realize my diary wasn't public! I changed it. I guess my big problem is motivation. My husband likes to eat out all of the time and he is a big help at motivating. I am one of those who likes to have others to help me not just myself. I have just gotten so used to working. (I am a school teacher) I get so exhausted from school and then I coach so I have practice after that that I am so tired when I get home that I want to just pick something up at the drive thru and go home. I am off from coaching now til the fall so I just need to GO and get off my butt!
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    probably both. It's so easy with working so much to not want to cook. And i'm always so tired to want to work out