This is embarrasing but i have to ask...

Options
2»

Replies

• lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    great question.....flaxseeds have been giving me this problem, but I want to keep them in my diet:))
  • LindaWarner17
    LindaWarner17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, and as a CNA and health care provider, don't worry, it is not awkward for me to discuss this with you. :smile:

I would say it is definitely the increase in fiber as well as the increased water in your diet that is causing you some extra trips to the bathroom. The fiber and water work hand in hand to make bowel movements happen more easily. It is actually very good that you are drinking a lot of water to go with the high levels of fiber you are consuming, because if you weren't getting enough water, the fiber would just get "stuck" in your colon, and that is very unpleasant as you can imagine :noway:

Your body will eventually get used to all these changes you are making in it. (and it will thank you in the long run!) Having an excess of B.M.s is far better than an absence of B.M.s (Just ask some of my 90 year old residents.) So keep up the good work, and know that your body will adjust in time. Have a good one!
  • marshanne
    marshanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also drinking alot of water,always going to bathroom, I also have gas. My husband says I need to go to the doctor!ha
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Also, we are suppose to go at least 2-3 times a day. We just don't because of our diets....but I think this is the way it should be. I read this in an article a couple years back....I thnk the title was "Death Begins in the Colon" (talked about not having enough BMs is linked to toxic build up and cancer, and other health issues that kill us).... I read a lot so this may not be the one...you can check though:)) just in case you wanna do some extra reading on the topic.
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The way your body loses weight is through excrement. It is a good thing that you are going often. I wouldn't change a thing!!! You will start to shed those pounds and feel lighter and more energetic if you're going that often.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    i'm the opposite... i'm having issues going :(

My fiber is averages around 10g/day(plus or minus a few) according to the 30 day report. What should it be? Maybe I am not getting enough?

Thanks for posting cuz I was wondering too! Although I go like every other day.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat high fiber foods that have chicory root it causes gas. If I eat fruits and veggies and normal fiber stuff that doesn't add chickory root i'm good. Look for chickory root and try to eliminate that and see if it works.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i WISH i could go at least once a day :( it's not so bad now, but when i started, my digestion was in slow motion lol
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I noticed you eat Fiber One bars. I had to stop eating those because of the insane amount of gas and bloating they cause. Give them a break and see if that helps.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    i'm the opposite... i'm having issues going :(

My fiber is averages around 10g/day(plus or minus a few) according to the 30 day report. What should it be? Maybe I am not getting enough?

Thanks for posting cuz I was wondering too! Although I go like every other day.

MFP has far too low a fiber goal. Women should be aiming for at least 25g per day and men 30g per day.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Clean eating tends to back me up... I assume it's because there's more nutrients for the body to absorb, so it possibly is taking longer for the digestion process... but when I go out and have a free day, I'll come home and run straight to the bathroom and drop a mean deuce.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Could be worse. I'm usually pretty high in protein which not only makes you gassy, but people standing 50 feet from you know that you're gassy. X-D
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The way your body loses weight is through excrement. It is a good thing that you are going often. I wouldn't change a thing!!! You will start to shed those pounds and feel lighter and more energetic if you're going that often.

:huh:
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Since changing your food choices has anyone had problems with "bowel movements?"

I feel like i am constantly going to the bathroom like 3+ times a day and i've also noticed i am extremely gassy as well. I don't know if this could be a fiber issue since i am almost always over on fiber. It's bad enough i am peeing constantly due to increased water intake but i didn't expect to be going as much as i am in that area as well. Anyone going through this?

Since I read your thread and someone told me I was too low(thanx by the way) I did some googling and spotted the exact answer to your question(I think) per wikipedia:

"Disadvantages of a diet high in soluble fiber is the potential for significant intestinal gas production and bloating, including malodorous flatulence with fecal incontinence."
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    youn might want to limit "gassy" veggies, like broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes & brussel sprouts. see if that helps