Wii Dance work outs

Options
Does anyone use any of the dance programs for exercise? Which ones? Does it work you enough to sweat? I have looked at reviews online and been discouraged but I really want someone to tell me that they are good/great exercise.

Replies

• JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    HAHA! I actually just finished 44 minutes of Just Dance 2 for the Wii and I am sweating more than when I am on the treadmill for that long. I love it! It's a lot of fun.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    ABSOLUTLEY love the wii dance both 1 and 2 are great.. I log them as general dancing... you most certainly will sweat if you want to :bigsmile:
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I LOVE just dance and just dance 2!!!! AMAZING!! and fun!!! I am dancing for 40 minutes before I realize! and I'm pouring the sweat!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance, Just Dance 2, and Country Dance. There are some songs on each of them that you don't get a lot of benefit but I do them like once a day. I love them all! I do other exercise too but no matter what anyone says... keep moving and if you find something that you enjoy that keeps you moving then do it! Sometimes people start these amazing difficult exercise routines andjust don't stick with them. I have been doing Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's and the Wii Dance things forever and look forward to them every day. Just keep moving and the weight will come off!
  • janecarty
    Options
    I do the wii fit and I love it, it keeps me interested, plus when I'm done I'm sweating more than what I do when I'm out side working. I also love Zumba, I've only been dieting for 8 days and just following my calories and doing zumba and I've already lost 4lbs.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i love love love just dance 2. I really recommend that you try it on youtube before you go out and buy to it make sure that you feel the burn.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C0076AAA28F33B49

i used this before i bought it

also if you do buy it, make sure you get the best buy version so you get the four extra songs.
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym Dance Workout...has latin dances and cardio boxing. So good!!
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If I really get into it I can burn 400+ calories in an hour. I work easiest to hardest on my favorite songs and throw in a odd song every now and then to shake things up.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love JD2 for Wii!!! I usually burn about 145 calories in 15 minutes! I do the ones that have the higher "sweat rating". Its so much fun!!! I lost about 15 pounds by eating right & playing JD2!
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How does everyone log Just Dance? I couldn't find it in the Wii category on here.
  • mickey120
    mickey120 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There is no category for the Wii Dance games unfortunately. I just log under 'high impact aerobics'. :)
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love Just Dance 1 and 2! By the end of my 1 hour workout I am pouring sweat! They are fun, I get a good workout and I'm the best in my house, heehee! ;)
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    There is no category for the Wii Dance games unfortunately. I just log under 'high impact aerobics'. :)

Wow, I just logged it under "Aerobic, ballet, twist, dance general" and there is quite a difference. Under how I logged it, it calculated 316 calories I think but when I looked up "high Impact Aerobics" for the same 44 minutes it burns 461 calories. Which one do you think is more accurate?
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The calories burned that I posted are from my HRM so its very accurate!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance 2 for the Wii! I do all the songs with 3 sweat points and throw in a fun song (like Crazy In Love) too. I sweat like I've never worked out before in my life... and I've lost 38 pounds in less than 2 months just staying under my goal and doing Just Dance and walking... that's it! I log it under "Dancing, general".
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I think I will be getting Just Dance 2 real soon. I am also thinking about Zumba a little further down the road. All sounded like fun.