salsa chicken

Options
found this recipe a couple weeks ago and loved it!! it's so simply and quick and only 287 calories

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.

Replies

• misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm saving this recipe
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes, going to have to try this one, thanks! =)
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You can do the same with ground turkey---I call this my taco salad. Brown up the turkey and add a can of diced tomatoes or Ro-Tel, and some taco seasoning, maybe a little water. Serve it on top of a bed of shredded lettuce and top with low fat cheese. I skip salsa---too much sugar. I skip sour cream as well.
  • lreedcm
    lreedcm Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I have been looking for a good salsa chicken recipe. Can't wait to try it.
  • babycaykes80
    Options
    This recipe is great! We had it at a work pot-luck once........big hit and healthy too!
  • DancingQueen80
    DancingQueen80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try this tonight. I was just trying to figure out what to make with the chicken I bought and I already have all the other ingredients!

Thank you!:smile:
  • jedudley
    jedudley Posts: 2
    Options
    I make a recipe similiar to this one and serve it with/over black beans. It is delicious and filling :happy: .
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I make something similar, but I don't use taco seasoning (too much sodium for me :sad: ), and marinade the chicken in a little lime margarita mix for an hour (or overnight). The chicken is sooo juicy and tender, with a hint of lime.
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i've done this in a slow cooker, and it's YUM. take 2-4 chicken breasts (depending on the number of people you are feeding), one jar salsa, one packet taco seasoning, a package frozen veg (corn, peas, broccoli, whatever- just enough to add some fiber and volume) and spice to your liking. cook on low for 6-8 hrs, pull the chicken to shred it and serve.
  • howardsmash30
    Options
    My wife and I made this recipe on Sunday as a meal for our lunches during the week; very delicious. Btw we added a couple of chopped jalapenos to it and kicked it up a notch! :wink:
    thx for posting

howardsmash30
  • klynn22091
    klynn22091 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mmm ;-)