Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

103 Down (130 with a relapse) 18 to go! C25k in July too :)

Jillatha
Jillatha Posts: 85 Member
(I am 24 and 5'5")
I was at my biggest in June 2008 (251lbs),
oXepb.jpg
I was in a baaaaad relationship and didn't give a crap about my weight or appearance or anything really. I was constantly sick and ill too. I was eating 11000 calories most days! Basically 4-5 takeaways chocolate and coke.
In the September I lost the house me and my partner were in so I moved in with a cousin so I could still attend uni and he moved 50miles away back with his Mum. Between this and Feburary I had to walk 4 miles a day so Uni were previously I got the bus. I lost 19lbs down to 232 just from walking and eating slightly better but still pizza and coke and chocolate etc. I also got the confidence to dump his *kitten*!

At the end of the Feburary I was still a bit all over the place and my best friend wanted to join WW and wanted me to go with her. I decided to go having no expectation to lose anything at all as I have been fat my entire life. It was the best decision I have ever made! I lost a steady 1-2lbs a week following it. I did minimal exercise just the walking still as I was doing my masters project and didn't have much time. I also made sure I had a treat every week so I didn't cave altogether. Every Tuesday (WI day) I ate a small lunch and for Dinner I had a 10" Meat Feast Pizza or fish and chips or something similar. I would also have a chocolate bar different one each week to keep me going. It was easier to keep up than I thought and enjoyed the pressure of the meetings. I lost 85lbs (down to 147) in a year to the day. When I shifted to maintainance I went on a bit of a celebratory bender for a week haha I thought I deserved it. In the next month or so I did exercise bike 5 times a week for an hour and got down to 141 (all time low).
K63gT.jpg
Here is the bad bit again haha, my then current boyfriend and I started having issues and I started eating (still have to work hard on my emotional eating but it is getting easier). I broke up with him and found someone new who is awesome we live together with his twins and I am finally in training to be a teacher. By this point though I had went back up to 168 (think maybe higher but I wasn't strict with weighing). I tried to start again lots of times since September 2010 but I was just not in the right mindframe.... Until March just gone I finally kicked my own *kitten* into gear! I just started on calorie counting I am on 1200 a day and I am doing the c25k programme for exercise, swimming and joined a gym which is amazing. I have lost 20lbs and counting down to 148 :) I am loving being back on it again and am going to stick into this site and the awesome phone app to help the last leg! My new goal is 130 :)

Replies

• GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    great story and inspiring! thanks for sharing.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Wow, good job! I know it's hard, trust me.. been there, but look at how far you have come! I'm adding you. [=
  • emzi1981
    emzi1981 Posts: 20
    well done for getting as far as u have! so what if u had a few relapses along the way? the main thing is that u realised why and have kickstarted again.
    Many of us fall off the wagon its getting back on it that takes guts and makes us stronger and ur living proof that it can be done!

keep up the good work x
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Great job!!! you should be so proud of your growth
  • kylaretzer
    kylaretzer Posts: 1 Member
    Way to go! that is awesome. I am trying to lose prego weight- 30 down 20 more to go. I just need to be consistent, that is what has always worked for me in the past. I am trying to learn patience!
  • Great job, your perseverance was inspiring!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Good for you for sharing this story and especially for doing such a FANTASTIC job on YOU!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Great story. Thanks for sharing. Very inspiration. You have done an amazing job so far. Keep up the great work, and you will be to that goal in no time.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    This gives me hope to get down to 150! Great job! Hope you make your goals and keep them!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    I couldnt even believe it was the same person. Awesome job
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    You already look amazing!
  • Totally inspiring!! Thanks so much for posting.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Great story and be so proud of your self!!! You are an inspiration!!
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Wow! So inspiring! Thank you for posting!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    your story is inspiring....I am having a "relapse" myself so it is nice to know that you lost again when you got back at it.....
  • ashkaps
    ashkaps Posts: 32
    Great stuff and congratulations. You look gorgeous!
  • BatCola
    BatCola Posts: 64 Member
    I could cry... inspirational!
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    You are awesome!
  • Lynderz
    Lynderz Posts: 5 Member
    I have followed you on reddit and just wanted to tell you you are such an inspiration, and appreciate all the feedback and motivation you give to everyone on r/loseit. You are an amazing person!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    holy cow! you are an inspiration! you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!