Options
Hello. Name's Kelly, and I'm new. My friend referred me to this site. So far it reminds me of WW online, except it's free. :tongue: Anyway, I could use all the encouragement I can get. I have done the diet and lifestyle change so many times it's impossible to count...it's an ongoing thing. Every week I decide to "change my habits." It's embarrassing. So I've pretty much got it in my head that I won't stick to it because I never have before. I can't stick to anything, WW, gyms, the Y, Curves, or simply cutting things out. So send me a word of encouragement.:embarassed:

Replies

• swindellk
    Options
    Hello. Name's Kelly, and I'm new. My friend referred me to this site. So far it reminds me of WW online, except it's free. :tongue: Anyway, I could use all the encouragement I can get. I have done the diet and lifestyle change so many times it's impossible to count...it's an ongoing thing. Every week I decide to "change my habits." It's embarrassing. So I've pretty much got it in my head that I won't stick to it because I never have before. I can't stick to anything, WW, gyms, the Y, Curves, or simply cutting things out. So send me a word of encouragement.:embarassed:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck to you on your journey to a healthier you!:flowerforyou:
  • AnneL3264
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I am new too. My name is Anne. I have spent most of my life obsessing about my weight. Every day for the last couple of years, I have said " today I will start over". Part of the problem was that I commuted to and from my job for at the very least 1.5 hours each way. This threw everything off and it was hard to drink all the water I needed.

Anyway, I would like to suggest the power of focussing on what you want. I believe that you can have success in anything by seeing it for yourself (now). "Ask and You Will Receive" by Jerry and Esther Hicks is a really good book. I think this site is great too. I used the WW on-line site for a long time because it helped to log what I was eating. I think that this site is actually faster and has a really large data base.

So, the short response is "You go Girl, You can Do it." (And so can I). Happy Thanksgiving.
  • kitt8980
    kitt8980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would just like to say welcome. Just to let you know it may take time before you see any results and that may cause a lot of your frustation. I know it does with me. But over time you will see a difference of ther people will see it before you. Your cloths will show also. Just don't try to over do things at first you have to get into a routine slowly or you will feel overwelmed. Take at least one day a week to relax and be able to treat yourself. You don't want to do it every day cause then you will be defeating the purpose of what you are trying to do. I know the Body for Life Program is a great program and it works. It gives you ideas of what you can do during the week.
    Just remember you are not alone and we are all here trying to improve are selves too so we all have something in common. Good luck and I am sure you will do great.:bigsmile:
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    Hey Kelly!!!

Welcome aboard! I hope you are able to reach your goals with the help of this site and the support from us!! You Rock!!! :flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I think we have all given up on things from time to time, but you can do this and just make your mind up that this IS what you are going to do and take one day at a time!