not cals but what you eat

Options
its true what they say that its not the cals you eat but the quality of the food you get those cals from, with no kitchen since last Friday I have been eating crap mainly take away I portion controlled quite well so that I still came in under cals on most days and on the day I did go over it wasn't by much but I have still managed to put on 3lb in 5 days and since I only lost 5lb in the last 6 weeks its now very disheartening I won't give up the weight won't beat me again but I wanted to be accountable for my actions a new day starts tomorrow and I'm focused I still have 21kg to lose and it will be gone by the end of the year!

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Take away food contains a lot of sodium because of the processing. Much of that gain is probably water weight and you should notice a difference in a couple of days. Try to increase your water intake, it can make a big difference
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    We all have times when we can't eat like we should. At least you are aware of it and moving forward with the right attitude.
  • TheRealBigDeal
    TheRealBigDeal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lot's of sodium in the take out food. I think Tzavush is right. Your body is probably holding extra fluid do to the sodium.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You can't "actually" gain that weight back if you aren't taking in the calories. I agree with everyone else, I'm guessing it's the sodium. Drink lots of water and I'm sure you will be fine in a few days :)
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Like Michael Pollan says, "If it comes through your car window, it's not food!" :wink:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Yes and no
    Your prepared foods with have more sodium so that could contribute to water weight gain. The other thing is if you have reduced your activity, having the TOM and stress will also contribute to weight gain without going over on your calories.

I don't know why you are without a kitchen, but that could be stress inducing. Also make sure you are entering the correct calories. If you are eating out they may not be in the data base correctly.