anyone want to give their exercise routine?

Options
im thinking about updating and changing mine, but i don't have any idea how to. i usually do 40 minutes of cardio and im just beginning to incorporate some core exercises like pushups, lunges, bicycles and squats (sort of, they're quite hard to do haha)
any help?

Replies

• healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    im interested to see everyone's answers as well!
  • 123Jude
    123Jude Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Try bodybuilding.com
    they have some good work out routines that are for weight training.
    they also have links to the exercises if you doing know how to do them.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you could always get a personal trainer for a few sessions. then they can set you up with a good routine
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Curves & Leslie Sansone in the mornings for one hour, then walking for approximately an hour every evening (about 3 miles a day), then 3 times a week I do 30 minutes on a Recumbent Bike in the evening.
    :laugh: The rest of the time I just sit around watching Oprah and eating Bon-Bons!
  • alynnbennett
    Options
    Throw some planks into your routine they are great for the core! Hold the position for 30 minutes and try to do two sets of them.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm still figuring some different ones out, I have a few that I stick to because I can do them without feeling self conscious in the gym, or I use the machines there. I love using the stability ball for arms and abs, and even for squats.

I found this site, though, that has different moves and how-tos, and I really love it. You can search around for all different body parts and different things to use: http://www.fitlink.com/exercises?type=stability+ball&body_part=abdominals
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Try bodybuilding.com
    they have some good work out routines that are for weight training.
    they also have links to the exercises if you doing know how to do them.

Great source of information for weight training. I use that site all the time.
    The title scares some away but its not for just for steroid consuming Hulks.

Also you can see some amazing transformations which are really inspiring!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I do a bunch of different things. I like to switch it up depending on my mood and it seems to help with plateauing too. I exercise at least 4 days a week, sometimes six. I will do anywhere from 30 min to 60 min. The exercise range from wii dance, aerobics on netflix or ones I bought, or walking. Sometimes I will do my resistance bands, which I need to do some more of :)
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been running C25K every other day, and Physique 57 in between, with one off day.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i do 30 Day Shred & Pilates. love them both because as a full-time working mom, i need an awesome workout in a short amount of time!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Monday: Yoga
    Tuesday: Jogging (3 to 6 miles)
    Wednesday Rest
    Thursday: Hill training (find a good incline that's at least 200 yards. Jog up, walk down, repeat x 10)
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Jogging
    Sunday: Strength training
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Monday - 50 mins aerobics with resistance bands, followed by 10 mins abs
    Tues - rest
    Wed - 60 min boot camp, mix of weights and aerobics
    Thurs - 10k run
    Friday - rest
    Sat - 10k run
    Sun - Boot camp (60 mins again)
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I do some free weights, 20 minutes on elliptical.,, 30-45 minutes on tread mill. Go for walks with the dogs
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I usually do soccer, walking for 15 min, and sit ups which is EVERY night.

I don't do soccer nor walking every day though.. but usually at least 4x a week for the walking anyway. I also do wii just dance sometimes and jump rope.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    M-W-F: Walk at lunch. Sports Active or MyFitness Coach aerobics on Wii in the evening. Sometimes a few Ups (push/pull/sit)
    T-Th-S: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/baisleac/view/hiit-mrt-circuit-training-whatever-you-want-to-call-it-92808. Yoga.
    Sunday: Technically day of rest, but usually do something, often yoga and/or a walk.

Anything is subject to change as my mood strikes, but it's usually close to this.
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    Throw some planks into your routine they are great for the core! Hold the position for 30 minutes and try to do two sets of them.

I hope that was a typo otherwise I want to meet your trainer...
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    This is what I do

10 mins on the cross trainer

Upper Body-

Gravitron Tricep Dips,
    Gravitron Chin ups,
    Supported mid-row,
    Upright Row,
    Seated Chest Press,
    Tricep pressdowns
    Medicine ball rotations.

Each of those will be 4 sets 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps

Then finish off with my run on the treadmill about 20 mins and then 10-15 on the bike.

Next day starts out and finishes the same

Lower Body-

Leg Curls,
    Lying Squat Machine,
    Thigh Extentions,
    Medicine ball rotations again.

I hit the gym Mon/Thurs/Fri and do that that just switch which part of the body I work on. And Wednesday I do a run outside trying to get better and longer distance.

I should add those are the machine names at the gym noy sure if there are other names lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    first i get a twister mat some baby oil......oh wait never mind lol
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian michaels ripped in 30 DVD mon-fri in the morning before the kiddies wake up along with 3 miles walk/jog around the park with the jog stroller during the boy's lax and basketball practices. If I don't get my walk in I jump on the elliptical on the evenings after the kids are in bed.
    Sat and Sun I get to run without the jog stroller so I am working on speed and distance. I would love to add some more strength training but I just now making this work consistently so I am not ready to switch it up yet. I am reading Making the Cut and am going to be doing that once my fitness level increases some more.