Vent Post-Anyone else want to smack a co worker?-POST HERE!!

Options
JDMPWR
JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
I work in a environment that is 70% Thai and 28% Chinese during the day and all I hear all day is the owner yelling across the office in Chinese or Thai and all the secretaries/office workers yelling in Thai while I am on the phone or working on a project. It's like my co workers were raised with no respect for the people around them. No manners at all

It has gotten to the point that I have to slam my office door shut and I have started to be a smart *kitten* under my breath making funny *kitten* Thai word sounding noises. I am to witts end that no one in my office speaks english unless it's directly to me. I wonder if there is a labor law against this or something cause it's driving me nuts.

I also teach college level courses after my day job and I am so happy that I do not have to listen to this.....

Anyone else want to assault there co workers?

P.S. No HR department either!

Replies

• fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I often want to smack a co-worker. Dont know how I manage not to to be honest! lol
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    YESSSS!!! not just one, but quite a few. we sit in very close quarters, in a call center type enviorment. and lots of ppl are loud! so loud that i can hear the person im on the phone with! SMACK EM! SMACK EM HARDDDDD!
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! :laugh:
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    I was sure I would get looked down upon for this post but I just frankly dont care. I cant stand how these people act, savages I tell you.

My HR comment was more about no one to complain to about the work environment btw.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    Somebody hand me the baby powder, lol! Smmaaaaacccckkkkk!!! LMAO!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes...a million times yes...

My company just re-hired someone who the company has fired TWICE for the same reason (not showing up for work). I don't claim to be an entrepreneurial genius but this seems, well...come ON, people! Hiring the same person three times?! And this has happened with more than one person! Get the bad people out and KEEP them out!
  • natashaclasby
    Options
    oh man! i hear you!!! the girls next to me CONSTANTLY talks about what shes had for breakfast / lunch / dinner every moment since i started really trying to diet.....GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR to say she is a you know what!!!!! every day i come back to my desk and all she talks about it food....(obv shes not on a diet - even though she should be!!!) grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, one day when im uber skinny again ill smack her one with my old baggy trousers across her head.......GGGRRRR!!!! lol thanks guys!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • merimeaux
    Options
    I was sure I would get looked down upon for this post but I just frankly dont care. I cant stand how these people act, savages I tell you.

My HR comment was more about no one to complain to about the work environment btw.

One of my previous employers actually eliminated its HR department with the belief that "without an HR department, employees won't have anyone to complain to--and we'll thus have fewer problems." I'm not making that one up.
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    Yes...a million times yes...

My company just re-hired someone who the company has fired TWICE for the same reason (not showing up for work). I don't claim to be an entrepreneurial genius but this seems, well...come ON, people! Hiring the same person three times?! And this has happened with more than one person! Get the bad people out and KEEP them out!

This is just stupid. When I owned my own business my partner tried to force me to rehire his stupid *kitten* brother back after screwing up shipments like 50 times and cost us about 3k. I told him if he comes back then I will leave and he can run a company of 30 employees. He soon after declined and went on living his Bruce Wayne lifestyle.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Not that I am offended by this post, because I'm not, but I just want to offer a word of caution to the people who are writing about their co-workers while at work....anything in writing is subject to subpeona. Just be careful about what you put in writing, it can always come back and bite you in the butt.
  • JDMPWR
    Options

One of my previous employers actually eliminated its HR department with the belief that "without an HR department, employees won't have anyone to complain to--and we'll thus have fewer problems." I'm not making that one up.

Where was this may I ask?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sometimes my co worker needs a spanking and a time out. Sometimes she just runs up and smacks me on the boobs shes always hungry and when ever i finish a job she goes and messes it up.im a sahm btw lol
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    Not that I am offended by this post, because I'm not, but I just want to offer a word of caution to the people who are writing about their co-workers while at work....anything in writing is subject to subpeona. Just be careful about what you put in writing, it can always come back and bite you in the butt.

Let me guess my HR department will find it....haha
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Loud, noisy colleagues can indeed be a nuisance, especially if you are working in an environment where you require quiet in order to do your job (as you appear to be working on the phone a lot). However I am not sure how this relates to the culture/race of your coworkers. It is not a Thai or Chinese issue, but rather a situation of different expectations or possibly not being aware how our own (or their) actions affect others around us.
    I work mostly with teens and I too struggle with the language barrier at times. I am trying to speak "adultese" whereas most of my students speak "teenese". It can be quite challenging and stimulating at the same time. Over the years of teaching I can even sometimes sound just like one of them. Never felt the need to smack one yet:) Life is good.
  • merimeaux
    Options
    Where was this may I ask?

Let's just say somewhere in Ohio :P
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

The racism wasn't really necessary to your point that things in your office are louder than you feel is appropriate.
  • JDMPWR
    Options

The racism wasn't really necessary to your point that things in your office are louder than you feel is appropriate.

Where is racism in my post? There is nothing in my post degrading race. I never once used a offensive term. I stated the facts that they speak Thai and Chinese and they are Thai and Chinese. Is that racism? how do you know that I am not Thai or Chinese? The best part about it is I speak spanish and when I speak spanish to the other gentleman at my work that is non asian they tell us to speak in english.....so is that racism against myself?

I was not just expressing that it was loud at my work but that it is disrespectful. I am sure you would feel a little frustrated if you worked in a environment where everyone spoke another language all day and you did not.

I also worked for Daimler Chrysler and 40% of my upper management was German but company policy is they were not allowed to speak German in the workplace because it was off putting to the rest of the staff.
  • southernstrix
    Options
    Well all of my co-workers are incompetent and leave their work for me to do so yes, I have wanted to assault my co-workers before. A lot. like... A lot a lot. Sorry to hear you work in such a ****ty environment, but at least I'm not the only one. :/
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Let me guess my HR department will find it....haha

Just so you know, you don't need an HR department for the laws of HR to be in effect where you work. Part of my schooling was HR and yes, we did study HR laws. And, I have worked for companies where people have got fired for what they wrote on social networks about the company and/or it's employees. I don't care if you think it is funny to make fun of your co-workers, or vent as you call it, but the point is that you can be held liable for the things you write. What if someone who was Thai or whatever saw this, knew who you were, and brought it to the attention of your supervisor who is probably a salary employee (which by the way, makes him/her an agent of the company which in layman's terms means since he/she knows, the whole company knows legally speaking) and then is brought forth as a lawsuit. You think you'd win that case? Probably not.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I feel like I run a day care! I wish I could smack every last one of them on days.