Vent Post-Anyone else want to smack a co worker?-POST HERE!!

Options
2»

Replies

• welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    When I worked in retail (on 100% commission) I usually wanted to smack the customers.....

Now my co-workers are my cat and dog and I don't want to smack them. More like roll around on the ground with them procrastinating. However, there are a few accountants that could use a smack. and a few auditors.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was sure I would get looked down upon for this post but I just frankly dont care. I cant stand how these people act, savages I tell you.

My HR comment was more about no one to complain to about the work environment btw.

The racism wasn't really necessary to your point that things in your office are louder than you feel is appropriate.

Where is racism in my post? There is nothing in my post degrading race. I never once used a offensive term. I stated the facts that they speak Thai and Chinese and they are Thai and Chinese. Is that racism? how do you know that I am not Thai or Chinese? The best part about it is I speak spanish and when I speak spanish to the other gentleman at my work that is non asian they tell us to speak in english.....so is that racism against myself?

I was not just expressing that it was loud at my work but that it is disrespectful. I am sure you would feel a little frustrated if you worked in a environment where everyone spoke another language all day and you did not.

I also worked for Daimler Chrysler and 40% of my upper management was German but company policy is they were not allowed to speak German in the workplace because it was off putting to the rest of the staff.

So, does it bother you that they speak loud? Or that you don't understand the language? It's frustrating to not understand someone else's language, but I'm not sure if that merits smacking. Loudness, on the other hand, can be very annoying - whatever the language.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that spends almost half her day on personal phone calls complaining about how busy she is at work... WTH? If you're so busy, hang up and work!
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Gah! I am currently listening to the exact same thing… and when she isn’t on personal calls she is talking about her work outs and how many calories are in a skinny flat white, and shopping. Has anyone seen that episode of the Simpsons with the Malibu Stacy doll that you pull the cord on and it says “lets go shopping” – that is EXACTLY how she sounds.

Vapid. Moron.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I feel like I run a day care! I wish I could smack every last one of them on days.
    I think there should be a law you can beat other people's children. Of course I believe daily coworker floggings would improve my morale greatly.

Huh...never thought of myself as a violent person.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I was sure I would get looked down upon for this post but I just frankly dont care. I cant stand how these people act, savages I tell you.

My HR comment was more about no one to complain to about the work environment btw.

The racism wasn't really necessary to your point that things in your office are louder than you feel is appropriate.

Where is racism in my post? There is nothing in my post degrading race. I never once used a offensive term. I stated the facts that they speak Thai and Chinese and they are Thai and Chinese. Is that racism? how do you know that I am not Thai or Chinese? The best part about it is I speak spanish and when I speak spanish to the other gentleman at my work that is non asian they tell us to speak in english.....so is that racism against myself?

I was not just expressing that it was loud at my work but that it is disrespectful. I am sure you would feel a little frustrated if you worked in a environment where everyone spoke another language all day and you did not.

I also worked for Daimler Chrysler and 40% of my upper management was German but company policy is they were not allowed to speak German in the workplace because it was off putting to the rest of the staff.
    Perhaps because you referred to them as savages. It is just a guess. To me the fact they speak a different language is just part of the story, not a slight.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

So, does it bother you that they speak loud? Or that you don't understand the language? It's frustrating to not understand someone else's language, but I'm not sure if that merits smacking. Loudness, on the other hand, can be very annoying - whatever the language.

How loud they are. I mean when I have to shut my office door and you can still hear them yelling it becomes a little frustrating.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    OP, it has a lot to do with cultural differences. For example, European culture doesn't have the same 'personal space' ideal that we have. I believe Asian cultures are much louder, in general, in the workplace. I'm not defending their actions by any means.... I believe everyone should respect and comply with cultural norms of where they are (like taking off your shoes before you enter a home in Japan.... or CANADA.... did you know they do that there too???). That last bit is my personal opinion though :smile:

But do I want to smack a coworker daily? uh..... :laugh:...... an emphatic YES.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Not that I am offended by this post, because I'm not, but I just want to offer a word of caution to the people who are writing about their co-workers while at work....anything in writing is subject to subpeona. Just be careful about what you put in writing, it can always come back and bite you in the butt.

:laugh: I was thinking along those very same lines when all I replied was a simple "yes" to that part of the thread!!! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Ooooh, I don't like that they are allowed to speak in another language but you are not. While that may not be a legal violation, it's absolutely targeting you. Not cool. Wondering if that constitutes creating a hostile work environment, which IS illegal..... but it has to result in mental anguish causing you to quit or them to fire you... blah blah blah... tough to prove. I would feel that was a hostile environment if I were in it.... not being allowed to speak in Spanish.

And on the German speaking.... I agree. It is very uncomfortable when others speak in another language. It creates a sense of ... hmmm..... can't find the word I'm looking for.... but it creates a sense of isolation and paranoia, frankly.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    sometimes my co worker needs a spanking and a time out. Sometimes she just runs up and smacks me on the boobs shes always hungry and when ever i finish a job she goes and messes it up.im a sahm btw lol

HAHAHAHA :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I hope y'alls co-workers aren't on MFP. :laugh:

th_UnsureSmiley.gif