Anyone doing a keto diet?

Options

Replies

• tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Funny I have not eaten wheat for the last 3 yrs, I did not die and my blood work looks AWSOME, doctor ran it twice because he could not believe it he thought they made a mistake. LOl
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    FAT, FAT, OMG don't you know you need to eat wheat or your brain will shrink up and you will die a horrible death?

Shhhh...don't attract them to this thread. They smell sarcasm. :bigsmile:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Completely disagree on the comment about coconut oil and saturated fat from animals. Grassfed animals are VERY high in Omega 3's.

Yes absolutely right 1:1 or 1:2 ratio for GF animals.
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Watch out what kind of fat you eat, saturated fat like in coconut oil or in animal fat is in large amounts too good, it can make you choleserol go up and is good for your arteries and too healthy for your body, even when you loose weight.
    Try to get more unsaturated fat out of, e.g. Olive oil, fish (lika salmon or tuna) or avocado. And also more saturated fat in grass fed meats, wild fish.

She's absolutely right. Saturated fat does indeed make your HDL levels go up, in addition, while it does slightly increase your LDL levels, it also increases the particular size of the LDL particle (which is good for those of us wanting to live long healthy lives.)

(I may have edited the OP post slightly to make it factual.)
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Funny I have not eaten wheat for the last 3 yrs, I did not die and my blood work looks AWSOME, doctor ran it twice because he could not believe it he thought they made a mistake. LOl

What the hell?!?! No wheat? Do you actually like having a gut that doesn't leak? You actually LIKE having no insulin resistance issues causing insidious fat gain and the inability to break apart triglycerides?

geez.

Go eat some toast for heaven's sake.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    I love it, you friends make me laugh. Laughing is good. :)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    LOL, I needed some good laughs today :)
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Watch out what kind of fat you eat, saturated fat like in coconut oil or in animal fat is in large amounts not too good, it can make you choleserol go up and is bad for your arteries and not too healthy for your body, even if you loose weight.
    Try to get more unsaturated fat out of, e.g. Olive oil, fish (lika salmon or tuna) or avocado.

Saturated fat is not bad for you..............Saturated fat is very necessary in generous quantities for a lot of essential body functions, especially brain function.

Here is some educational reading for you :flowerforyou:

http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/2007/04/06/saturated_fat_the_misunderstood_nutrient#axzz0zknkn0yT

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/saturated_fat.htm

http://www.preventionisbest.com/site/saturatedfat.html

http://www.health-report.co.uk/saturated_fats_health_benefits.htm

I'm glad you're here to set this straight! lol
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Watch out what kind of fat you eat, saturated fat like in coconut oil or in animal fat is in large amounts not too good, it can make you choleserol go up and is bad for your arteries and not too healthy for your body, even if you loose weight.
    Try to get more unsaturated fat out of, e.g. Olive oil, fish (lika salmon or tuna) or avocado.
    I eat both of those forms of fat exclusively. I have perfect lipid panels to prove you are wrong. Please don't jump into a conversation you know nothing about. Thank you.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    FAT, FAT, OMG don't you know you need to eat wheat or your brain will shrink up and you will die a horrible death?

Yeah and it smells like fresh, uncured bacon. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am beginning to think their just jealous of us. :wink:
  • LaJauna
    Options
    I love it, you friends make me laugh. Laughing is good. :)

Internal aerobics. The only aerobics I practice, by the way!
  • LaJauna
    Options

Yeah and it smells like fresh, uncured bacon. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am beginning to think their just jealous of us. :wink:

I think they are hungry!
  • operadiva222
    Options
    Bump to read later - VERY interested on starting a keto diet. Not sure how I will handle that much meat, and eating lots of fat makes me gag...so I'll be reading all of this later to determine if it will be right for me! thanks for all the helpful posts.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It is amazing (and entertaining) how much incorrect dogma (read fat bashing)is routinely repeated. Have a nice (fat) day!
  • Grokette
    Options
    It is amazing (and entertaining) how much incorrect dogma (read fat bashing)is routinely repeated. Have a nice (fat) day!

It gives me a headache.............

I have the progress in my profile pics to show what 3 months of high fat, moderate protein and low carb have done for me...........If all I have lost is water weight then I am mostly water and hardly no fat, LOL
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    Well, I'm sad to report to you all that I ate some saturated fat the other day, and now I'm dead.

Love you all - eat your bread people.

sighed -

Steve's dead body.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    If saturated fats kill then I also am a dead.

Grokette love the new pics, and that's right it works and I feel good more energy I don't now what to do with it.
  • bri_rick
    bri_rick Posts: 1
    Options
    MFP newbie here, glad there are some keto people!
  • Grokette
    Options
    MFP newbie here, glad there are some keto people!

There are more like us than you think................ :bigsmile:

Welcome aboard, we are on a wild ride!!
  • sunsetseven
    sunsetseven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anyone else is still looking at this thread. I started my Keto Diet Aug 1st and have dropped 10 LBS. I would like maybe another 5-8 gone...I have started back to the gym last week and ramping my weight endurance. Still keeping to about 700 cals during the week and I splurge a lil more on the weekends but no more than 1200 cals. This week I am adding more veggies but still keeping carb count under 30g.