GREEN TEA

Options
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Anyone use it? I hear so much about it but I really dont like the taste...Im wondering if the benefits would help me get use to the taste, lol. TIA!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You could try a green tea blend. I like Stash Raspberry Pomegranate Green tea.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-3 cups of Green Tea every morning with Splenda, thats my caffine fix for the day.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    stevia to sweeten no calories.........honey is good with it too.
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Try Stash Chai green tea...yes, I do really think it has fat burning benefits. The Chai green tastes like cinnamon.
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    I drink green tea in the afternoon. I drink it unsweetened, but I grew up in a house that did not put sugar in tea. Sugar in everything else, but not tea.

it has some anti oxidants and gives me a sense of mellowness. I channel my inner Japanese Tea ceremony. :)
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Kirkland (costco) has some too and it is the best tasting green tea I've ever had.
    I take mine with Stevia
  • 726kdbailey
    726kdbailey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I enjoy green tea maybe it's the brand that you are drinking If I am going to have my tea hot I have lipton or the sleeptime blend with milk For cold tea try Gold Peak green tea ( it's low sodium) and I like the food lion brand GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Kirkland (costco) has some too and it is the best tasting green tea I've ever had.
    I take mine with Stevia

My absolute favorite!!!
  • ponchita08
    Options
    I work for Adagio Teas and I am happy to answer your question. All tea comes from the same plant and so all tea has the same great benefits. We encourage people to find a tea they like whether it be, black, green, white, rooibis, which is completely caffeine free (which is not tea, it's plant but it is PACKED with antioxidants), Honeybush (also a plant and also packed with antioxidants plus completely caffeine free!), or oolong. Oolong tea is what I suggest to people that are new to tea because it doesn't have as earthy of a taste like green tea and it isn't as bitter as black. Make sure that the tea you get is whole leaf because you will get the most benefits from good quality tea. Feel free to check out Adagio at www.adagioteas.com. I hope I could be of some help!!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Bigelow green tea with lemon. Can drink it with or without sweetner, mostly without. At least 2 hot cups a day.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ^ I LOVE adagio teas!!! I drink mostly black ones though. Fujian Baroque is probably my favorite.

Okay enough of the fan girl. :) The flavored greens and oolongs are excellent too! I love Adagio's peach oolong.
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If it tastes bitter to you, or if you feel you need to add sweetener to it, you're probably brewing it too long. Forget the directions on the box---it doesn't work the same way as black tea. Green tea is not supposed to be "strong" like some black teas. It has a delicate flavor and is not bitter at all if you brew it correctly.

Even though black, oolong, green, and white teas are harvested from the same plant species (camellia sinensis), they are very different teas.

If you're using a teabag, green tea will brew "faster" than if you're using loose tea because of the smaller particles in most teabags--they call it "dust" or "sweepings."

I use 1 tsp loose tea for 16 oz of water (2 cups). I like the more delicate flavor of that concentration, AND it makes me drink another cup of water. (I also do this for black tea.) My personal favorite is green jasmine, gunpowder style (i.e., rolled into little balls about the size of large BBs that unfurl dramatically while steeping).

Do not bring the water to a full boil---you'll "cook" the tea instead of steeping it. Green tea, unlike black tea, needs water at about 180F.

Anyway, try steeping it for only 2 minutes (a little underbrewed), and then remove the bag and taste it. If that's not long enough, put the bag back in and try it again at 1-minute intervals until it is to your taste. Once it starts to get bitter, it's overbrewed.

And remember, don't force yourself to drink it if you don't like it. It has some benefits, but like everything else, it isn't magic.
  • nudacris
    nudacris Posts: 25
    Options
    I drink a cup of sencha green tea with a little bit of macha powder every morning. The catechins in green tea are said to boost metabolism by 4-8% throughout your day. Green tea has a tiny amount of caffeine compared to coffee and black tea. It's recommended that you pour the boiling water into your cup and let it sit for a few minutes to cool a bit before you steep the tea for 2-4min.

I truly believe it assists with weight loss.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I usually mix matcha powder (powdered green tea) into yogurt. It's also nice in smoothies :)
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of hot green tea every morning. I've gotten used to not using sweetener. But the benefits of green tea are great. IT's a good appetite suppressant. My favorite tea is a blend of white and green tea. I think Stash makes it.